Thread: Interesting day in the making!!!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Interesting day in the making!!!!!

...... Thought id share as i know there are afew people that might be up for it.....Take a look at this thread.... A guy is arranging a big event at an air base in suffolk.... with top speed trial 1/4 mile etc also looking at puting a handling course in too..... its gonna be cheap as its for charity and backed buy the RAF too by the sounds of things.

The date isnt confirm as yet but keep your eyes peeled as im sure it will e set soon.... Sounds like it is gonna be a good day.

http://www.sxoc.co.uk/vbb/showthread...ge=1&pp=20
    Corsa C LEH 4x4?

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ben, please post at least some details rather than making everyone click a link.

Thank you

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Lazy. :roll:
    Corsa C LEH 4x4?

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds good, is it just nissans, or shall I read the thread ?

. . . now that I may be interested

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    AIRFIELD DAY - RAF Honington - Suffolk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As some of you guys know i`m in the Air Force and recently posted to RAF Honington in suffolk, onto wait for it an unused airfield.

I was hoping to arrange an airfield speed trial, run what you brung kind of event thing.

Don`t worry it will be better organised than the above statement would suggest, the RAF motorsports association will be involved providing marshalling and safety cover, and i`ll be looking at getting some serious timing equipment.

I don`t know what you guys pay for santa pod, obviously the facilities i can offer won`t be of that standard, but at the minute i`m canvassing for ideas and interest.

There would be a minimal charge for spectating although costing for run`s i need some advice on, would a flat fee, run as many times as you like be more usefull than a cost per run idea?? All profits will be going to charity, i won`t be making money out of this, it`s more for my assesments to get on in the air force really and for people to have a safe environment at speed.

I want this to shift over to other forums if possible, it would be nice to get the members of other forums in on this, and i`m not to worried about people like sumo and rocket ron turning up, after all we didn`t spend 100K on getting our cars to be nearly as quick.

This is a serious goer, we have had bike days on this airfield before and the local touring car teams have also used it, so it`s obviously suitable for serious speed trialling.

Can we sticky this please Admins/Mods

Any ideas I`m on leecarroll@tiscali.co.uk
    Any interest please place names here.
    Possible Charities

Oh and we need a date, late spring early summer would probably be best, although that doesn`t leave me alot of time to organise, and i don`t want to conflict with other events obviously so someone find me a window.
    why do today what you can...... I'll finish this later

2958cc was 175BHP @ 4000rpm, 370Nm (273lb.ft.) @ 1900rpm NOW 230BHP/469Nm (344.9lb/ft)!! www.IUsedToOwnTwoAstras.com

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So maybe some scoobys going along for a battle.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah always loads of scoobies...... the 200 sx club organise these meets regularly just up the road from me and last time we half filled the tesco car park must have been 200 cars..... supras, skylines and scoobies etc.... ive got a feeling this is gonna be a huge event.... and no doubt well organised too.
    Corsa C LEH 4x4?

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Count us in on this (date permitting) - just as Spectators - not being shown up by scoobies in our lowly 1.8!!
    why do today what you can...... I'll finish this later

2958cc was 175BHP @ 4000rpm, 370Nm (273lb.ft.) @ 1900rpm NOW 230BHP/469Nm (344.9lb/ft)!! www.IUsedToOwnTwoAstras.com