Thread: Advice wanted please !!! ?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Advice wanted please !!! ?

Im just about to advertis my car to sell it, when i went looking for all the documents that i nee to pass on to the new owner if i sell it, ive just realised i haven't sent the log book away :shock: . I haven't had the car that long about 4 months.
    Would you send the log book away ??, only problem adds an extra owner ( has 2 as it stands now) PLUS it'll take time for the log book to get sent back !!
    OR
    Would you not bother and jut hand the log book ove to the new owner if i sell it ??

What would happen if the police pulled me over, I would have thought i would be able to say ive just got the car and have sent the log book away ??
    ADVICE much appreciated !! Thanks
    Ash !

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Explain to the buyer what has happened. The previous seller was obviously not thinking when they passed the car on.

I'd see it as a plus point TBH. Most buyers would be happy to have less names on the log book of their new motor.

My car was an ex-managers car, but had been registered to a name, not a garage, so I have the plus point when I sell on that it will appear to have had two owners (as opposed to 100 test-pilots as a demo bus if it had been registered as a garage name)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

re: Advice wanted please !!! ?

what would you say if the please pulled you over and asked your not the registered as the owner of the car. Its registered to someone who lives about 150 mile away from myself !! ??
    Ash !

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AS long as the previous owner has signed the V5 where they need to im sure the person who buys it wont care (well theres no need to care really) if they sign it and send it off, they become the new owner.

the only bad point is against you, as you are not the registered owner, you are not actually covered by your insurance (as you have told them you are the registered owner) And as you say, if the police pull you and you produce that V5 they will do you for not having valid insurance. :shock:

So either tak it off the road and sell it quick before you crash/claim and get done for no insurance or sign the V5 yourself, send it off, be happy that you finally hav insurance after 4 months!! and sell it in about a months time....

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If the police did pull me over couldn't i just say "ive only just got the car and have sent the log book off a couple of days ago" ?? Would n't i gte away with that and if i did get pulled just send it away the smae day ?? Get in touch a.s.a.p Thanks
    Ash !

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Astra_Dti
    If the police did pull me over couldn't i just say "ive only just got the car and have sent the log book off a couple of days ago" ?? Would n't i gte away with that and if i did get pulled just send it away the smae day ?? Get in touch a.s.a.p Thanks
    ??
    Ash !

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So you tell the police you just bought the car yet youv'e been insured on it for 4 months when you produce docs? best say sent off not got docs back forgot all about them once posted. But sell before sending and tell new owner forgot. if the price is right and they want it, it is best for them to have less owners. :roll:

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The above post makes sense, the cops would notice that, best to say what martin said there if they pull you.

Good luck with the sale man, fingers crossed you dont get pulled...