Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Anyone Fitted a Coupe Interior Into A Hatch

Hey hey,

Looks like I'll be getting a coupe interior in the very near future but I was just wondering if anyone else had fitted one to a 3 door hatch.

The main thing I'd like to know if what did you do about the seat belt, obviously the coupe ones dont come with a 3 point one, so is there any way of attaching one or could i fit a lap belt. Also if I completely remove evidence of the middle belt will I be ok for my MOT?

Cheers guys

Steve

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im sure the seatbelts are atached to the chassis of the car if you have a look. As your only changing the rear cushons so to speak, the seatbelts will stay where they are including the lap belt. I have no idea why the coupe didnt come with a lap belt othere than it looks a mess against your fancy leather rear seat?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the reason it didnt come with a lap belt is a coupe has 2 + 2 seats and this is the way it is insured, as for the hatch seat the middle belt is built into the rear part of the seat but you should be ok for insurance as only 2 belts have to be provided in the back if i can remember rightly
    Balck Astra K Elite 1.4 Turbo

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah I've had another look at my interior and you're right the 3 point belt is built in so that's gunna be a no go. So do you think I could fit a lap belt then or would it be best to leave it as a 2+2?

Cheers,

Steve
    Nova Merit: 2000-2003 // Irmschered Astra SRi: 2003-2005 // Leon Cupra R: 2005 - 2006 // Linea Rossa Convertible Turbo: 2006-2008 // BMW 840Ci: 2008 - 2012

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ive just had a look at are kids hatch and your right the belt is built into the seat, its a proper inertia job isnt it. I never realised before. The belt clips are still bolted to the chassis though, so I supose you could look at having a lap belt fitted to the spare anchor point. Sounds like to much bother to me though. Just leave it as two belts and see what your insurance company says. I called mine about theis 2+2 nonsence and they said it wouldnt effect my insurance and that I was covered for a fith pasenger. Having thought about it though they might well be wrong, It wont stop me having five in the car but I can see where the argument is coming from. Differant insurance companys may well take a differant stance on this matter so id contact your own and see what they have to say. Then post your findings please!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you're insured to carry 5 then you may from this perspective.

However they won't be strapped in which is of course illegal.

I don't think a missing middle belt is a problem for MOT, if it were present it must work but if not then this is OK. You are basically quite legally limiting yourself to carrying 4 people only.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its only illegel to not wear a seat belt thats provided. If the car dosent have one its not illigal is it? or is it illegal to remove a factory fit belt? this is all quite confusing and anoying.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I think if you're in a car which was built from a certain date (not sure when) you have to be wearing a seat belt.

Not really bothered about only being able to have myself and 3 passengers though cos I've only got 2 friends anyway! Might look into a lap belt but we'll see.

Picked up the interior earlier too by the way and it's lovely thanks for that Tim (TIMMAH) if youre reading this. Top interior and top bloke!

Cheers,

Steve
    Nova Merit: 2000-2003 // Irmschered Astra SRi: 2003-2005 // Leon Cupra R: 2005 - 2006 // Linea Rossa Convertible Turbo: 2006-2008 // BMW 840Ci: 2008 - 2012

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thats ok mate just gutted to see it go really, it would of looked swave in me motor, oh well on to bigger and better i suppose!! It will look the bollocks in yours though steve i am convinced of that
    http://lufcguernsey.brinkster.net/Car/timmahsig.jpg
    MatG "Dont worry about it...piece of cake mate." Says the Man with a car in how many bits??? :shock:

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    thanks dude, I'll let you sit in it once I get it in! (only if you take me for a ride in ur new motor if you get one though)

Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast