At the weekend I spent some more time trying to get rid of this engine wine that I've got coming from the amp front speakers, so I ran the speaker wires/rcas down the centre of the car (Astra Coupe) but I'm still getting some interference, I think I'll need to run the speaker cable through to the actul front speakers:- Ref below,
Now on news Coupes BasilD image, that door loom has now changed, so the only way to do it is to drill through the door, which leads me to my questions:-
1:- Did you drill the hole through the door from the inside of the door, (After you'd taken the door panel off, Or did you use a special drill bit to drill from the outside?
2:- How hard was it to get the speaker wire through the loom (Looks like a tight fit), and to you have to pop the loom out?
Any hints or tips to save me any pain would be really helpful, this is the last thing i need to do, for completion of my install, After this is done, I've got quite a big write up on "How to do a coupe install, with pics that i've taken through out my many hours of pain)
Running better speaker cable through front doors
NOTE: Do not attempt if you are not confident at DIY
1) Close window, and disconnect battery negative lead (If car has alarm consult manual)
2) Disconnect the wiring connector from the door (Remove red clip and turn connector)
3) Locate grommet inside car where the wires for mirrors etc.. go through
4) Feed new speaker wire through this grommet and into the tubbing
5) Make hole near the bottom of the tubing and bring cable through
6) Drill hole underneath the connector and through the door
7) Touch up any paint and place a grommet in this hole to stop the wire rubbing
8 ) Re-fit connector and make sure that the wire comes out of the bottom of the tubbing.
9) Tidy up wires and Reconnect battey negative lead to make sure everything works correctly.
Tricky job, but good for sound quality.
If anyone has got anything they would like adding please PM me or BasilD