Thread: Test drove a mk5 today

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Test drove a mk5 today

Local garage was doing a lauch day for the mk5 so i thought i'd go take a drive in it and have a good look around it.

The one i drove was a 1.7 TDI 5 door, i've only drove diesel vans to this day never a car, the only diesel other than this that i've driven that had a turbo was a VW caddy, so my comparison to power on this would be to that, what i found was the astra was very very quite lots of room in the front and rear but no power at all!!!! i hope the petrol isn't the same!

The ride was nice like i said before no not alot of noise and very comfy, alot of leg room and being 6'3 it's nice to have, There wasn't alot of role on the car and it felt quite sterdy around the corners.

The dash is typical vauxhall but with a point in the center which i thought was a little pointless and unneeded and ugly!

The stero is one of those big ugly things that they seem to be putting in all the new cars! The guy said to me it's to stop people from nicking them! my reply....but if all cars have got them that big then surly that defets the object! he didn't reply to that!

The boot space compared to the mk4 is tiny, not alot of room for ya sub's!

Ok the boy racers will be happy the stero system come's with belive it or not a stopwatch! i didn't get time to figure out how it works but it's got one!

What i think of it which i'm sure people will disagree with, i like it but i hate it as well, it looks like an oversized corsa! it's comfy yet boring (bland to look at inside), it's bigger inside at the lose of the boot space! i think this car is a granny car!

Long live the MK4!!!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: Test drove a mk5 today

Quote Originally Posted by SteveTN
    Long live the MK4!!!
    agree there mate i prefer the MK 4 i think its a better shape

plus all the MK4 are faster then there equivalent MK5