Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Winter Cover and VXL Dealer.

Hello,

I took the winter cover when I had my last service. It sounded quite good, with a check of the engine cooling system, flushing and renewal of the engine cooling fluids, 6 months/10K miles warranty on the engine cooling system and 6 Months AA cover, all for just £39.

For the last 2-3 weeks I've noticed the coolant level in the expansion tank to fall to the point it was almost gone.

I booked the car for a check up and was checking the engine bay on a daily basis for traces of a leak.

I found residue of antifreeze (greenish powder like) all over the air-condition pump and the following day I also saw the pump been wet with antifreeze (it was a dry day). I then noticed that there was residue on the hose that goes over the aircon pump (highlighted in attached image).

It seems it is coming from a metalic joint or something where a sensor of some type seems to be housed.

The weird thing is when I went to the garage they performed a compression test that (according to them) showed no leak, and refused to touch the car! their reply was to keep topping up the reservoir and come back another day...

I'm well p*ssed off at the moment and I'm about to call Vxl customer service to clear this out. Can someone give me some insight on the names of the suspecting leaking parts?

Cheers,
    Kakourdos

p.s.: I've got the 1.6 16v (X16XEL) engine which is a bit different from the image, but the highlighted part looks quite similar.
    Unts! Unts! Unts!

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is that not the water pump ?

Have you maybe tried another dealer ?, if it's with vxl then any dealer should look at it.
    If they question you about the old dealer, tell them you've lost faith in them.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thats the thermostate housing
    Cant Think of Anything Funny To Say

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello,

COO, I had the impression that the waterpump was powered by the cambelt or something. As of the dealer I have the impression that they did f**k all just because it was under the warranty. Which is annoying really. I'll speak with Vxl customer service first and basically see where I stand before I make my next move.

NRJ, cheers! I had such a suspicion, specially since the engine cooling light flashes a couple of times when I start the engine from cold on a cold day (below 7C).

Is there any possibility that the antifreeze dripping from the thermostat housing could knacker the air-con pump? (as mentioned there's loads of that green cack powder all over the air-con pump).

Cheers,
    Kakourdos
    Unts! Unts! Unts!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No wont affect the A/C pump inless it gets in the electrics.

Get it done ASAP though, wont take long to do either so will be a cheap job.
    Cant Think of Anything Funny To Say