Thread: My window tints

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My window tints

Ive just had a really ugly copper pull me over to the side of the road asking me to take off my window tints. I didnt actually realies you couldnt tint the front windows, how unfair is this. I had this done 8 months ago before this law came out, how unjust is this. he was threatening to hold my car there, leaving me in the middle of the street. why cant they go out and catch some real criminals! easy money i suppose.
    what are your views on this??
    98S Astra Sport 1.6 16v
    3 door
    Current mods:
    SRi T Kit, Professional Window/Privacy tints, Ice, Jetex Exhaust, Koni adjustable Suspension, Infinity all round

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    same happened to me, went to MOT garage got ticket stamped sent it back...job done

your an easy target in a modified car

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sad really - umming and ahhing about getting my windows done, but dont need the hassle :| :roll:

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    how dark are ur tints mate?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thought there was just a limit to how much?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As far as I'm aware (probably completely wrong) you can't have anything on the windscreen, you are only allowed a very light tint on the front sides (something like 75% I think) and since most glass already has a light tint in it, if you add an additional tinting film you will go over the limit. Any glass behind the B-pillar you can have what ever you want.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    to be asked to remove the tint on the spot means that you have excessive tints (Or a copper on a power trip). I would only ever have a very light 20% tint on the front window and 35% on the back. This way it is more sensible.
    (Previously owned a SRi-Turbo Phase III.5 running 290bhp 370ibft
    AUDI Sales Executive

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ive got medium all round not as bad as you think. they were legal when i had them done, but this was just one ugly (power tripping) copper. I can leave the back windows but the fronts need to stripped off. Asked me to get a hairdryer and just peel it off. At which point I said sorry Im late for work, and we went our other ways. He stood there writing down my number plate etc...
    98S Astra Sport 1.6 16v
    3 door
    Current mods:
    SRi T Kit, Professional Window/Privacy tints, Ice, Jetex Exhaust, Koni adjustable Suspension, Infinity all round

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As the law stands the front windows (B-pillar forward), must let in a minimum of 73% light. Ive had mines done all-round in a light 50% tint, that way its not attracting too much attnetion. My mates sister got stopped in Falkirk on Saturday night and had a 14-day Prohibition notice slapped on, basically meaning she had 14-days to remove the tints or they would remove the car, they are actually coming to inspect the car to make sure they have been removed.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ive just got a VRO. not bothered about it at all, just gonna take it to my fav M.o.t dealer and ask for a stamp. they seem to like me. but still hassle, it also means im gonna have to keep my head down for a while.
    98S Astra Sport 1.6 16v
    3 door
    Current mods:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast