Thread: Rad help

Status
    ex 'titanturbo'
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rad help

Some of you may a couple of weeks ago the radiator bust so i replaced it but not with one from vauxhall as my warranty book was not up to date any way that one as just bust in like 2 weeks in the same place. any ideas there must be somthing wronge.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    could be you have a pressure build up problem a blockage in the cooling system, change the stat and before you put the new one in give it a good flush out then do a compression test, a coolant system test is a good idea while engine is running leave the cap off and allow engine to reach normal temp and whatch for back pressure when the fan cuts in the water level should drop, dont worry about a little water over flowing the fan cutting in will soon sort that then keep it topped up and go through it again

Status
    ex 'titanturbo'
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers carman its all happend the same rad 1 went for a ride gave it some boot then as i,m reversing in my drive rad busts.rad 2 (been on 8 days) went for a drive gave it some boot then reversing in my drive that one busts.oh yes and its bust in the same place where it fastens at the side.got the receit for the second rad but do they have to replace it.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    they will replace it no problems there