Thread: New exhaust

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

New exhaust

Had my new Powerflow exhaust fitted yesterday at MMV Performance (pics to follow), very happy, 3" CAT back with a 3" outward rolled tailpipe. Relatively quite but with a very nice burble indeed, only took 2 hours to have the system done, ad the car is certainly pulling a bit better better especially at high speed. Also decided to do something with the stereo so ordered some Pioneer components and bought a Pioneer bandpass box as well.

On a side note, whilst I was at MMV I noticed they had a Milltek system sitting that had been ordered in for someone, after seeing it I am very happy in deciding to go for the Milltek, I was shocked to see that they don't use a mandrel bender, but simply sleeve and weld in pre cut bends on to the straidht sections, whilst the welding was very good I was shocked that this is the way they make their systems, especially given the cost, no offense to anyone that has one of these systems, just something I happened to notice.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i got powerflow done the other month! got letterbox tailpipe instead! mmmm

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

re: New exhaust

Photos please Dave!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Dave, the reason Milltek are built in many sections is that they have to pack them to a certian size for shipping etc.

I am suprised you went 3" Dave, this will cost you power/Torque on the long run.

How come you did'nt go for the Milltek?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Matt - mistake at top, its 2.5" not 3. I mean the the likes of your centre section where theres a bend instead of a bender it just a welded section, nothing to do with packaging etc.

Didnt go for Milltek due to the cost and the fact I got my Powerflow done at a very very good price.