Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All hail Greater Manchesters Finest

Pc 'took prostitute to station'
    A police officer has been fined for picking up a prostitute while he was on duty with Greater Manchester Police.
    Pc Gary Hart, 34, picked up Jane Davies in Bolton's red light district and took her to Castle Street police station where she performed a sex act on him.

Oldham magistrates heard the father-of-two left without paying the woman the £20 they had agreed.

He admitted soliciting a woman from a vehicle for prostitution, and was fined £100, and ordered to pay £2,546 costs.

Hart resigned from his post at Greater Manchester Police on Monday.

You took advantage of and abused your position as a police officer
    District Judge Bridget Knight
    District Judge Bridget Knight said: "I cannot think of anything more designed to bring shame upon your uniform and the police force.
    "Because of these circumstances it makes your offence particularly serious as an offence of kerb-crawling because you took advantage of and abused your position as a police officer."

When he was questioned, Hart - who has two children, aged three and 10 months - denied any interaction with a prostitute and claimed he was gathering intelligence on drunken drivers.

Nick Clarke, prosecuting, told the court that between April and July last year Hart "operated a system where he approached working girls while in uniform and in his police vehicle".

Mr Clarke said: "He engaged in conversation, flirting, chatting them up and arranging to meet them after work.

"Under the guise of giving one of them a lift home, he engaged in sexual activity while driving the police car."

Hart offered to take Ms Davies home, but instead drove her around a housing estate.

Unmanned station

"Although full sexual intercourse was discussed...he changed his mind because it was daylight," Mr Clarke said.

It was on a different occasion that Hart approached Ms Davies in Bolton and agreed to pay her £20 to perform a sex act on him.

He took her to Castle Street police station, which was unmanned overnight.

He originally pleaded not guilty to the charge, but changed his plea to guilty at court on Monday.

Story from BBC NEWS:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/h...er/3557653.stm

Published: 2004/03/22 13:48:53 GMT

© BBC MMIV

Ive had personal contact with this ex officer......makes me shiver.
    I'd ive a grudge

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    And another

Officer 'drove off after crash'
    A Greater Manchester Police officer who drove off after he was involved in a car crash, has been banned from driving and fined £575.
    Pc Tarik Mahmood, of Ashton-under-Lyne, was driving without insurance when he was in the crash last October.

Bolton magistrates heard he tried to persuade his sister and girlfriend to lie for him afterwards.

He admitted failing to stop after an accident, driving without insurance and failing to report an accident.

The woman driving the other car was left with whiplash injuries, the court heard.

Magistrate Vivien Rink said: "We are not dealing with an accident.

"We are dealing with somebody who panicked after an accident and behaved extremely foolishly."

Mahmood, 30, was fined £200 for failing to stop, £200 for driving without insurance, £175 for failing to report an accident and £35 costs.

He was also banned from driving for a year.

Mahmood is currently on sick leave from the Greater Manchester force.

Story from BBC NEWS:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/h...er/3564451.stm

Published: 2004/03/24 12:29:21 GMT

© BBC MMIV

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    excellent. good to see there keeping up the high standards of policing we expect around the UK.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    looks like the police behave worse than joe public.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    and another GMP employee F.F.S!

'Wrong way' driver sent to jail
    A Greater Manchester Police employee caught drink driving as she steered her car the wrong way on two motorways has been jailed for three months.
    Sandra White, 50, of Furness Road, Middleton, was also banned for 18 months and ordered to take a re-test.

Manchester Crown Court heard White was captured on police video driving the wrong way on the M66 and then the M60 in Greater Manchester.

A police car had to swerve to avoid a head on crash.

'Wrong side'

The video footage showed White driving a Ford Ka in the wrong direction on the Edenfield by-pass near Rossendale, Lancashire, at 2300 BST on 2 March.

She continued onto the M66 failing to respond to police vehicles and was still on the wrong side by the time she reached the M60.

White did a u-turn and was eventually boxed in by three police cars.

A breath test revealed she was three times over the legal limit.

'Violent row'

The court heard she had taken the wheel after a violent row at a friend's dinner party.

Donald Owen, defending, said she was ashamed and bitterly regretted the incident.

Once she realised she was on the motorway she panicked.

But magistrates said someone would have died if she had hit any other vehicles.

A Greater Manchester Police spokesman said the force would be considering her future now the criminal case was over.

Story from BBC NEWS:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/h...er/3603981.stm

Published: 2004/04/06 12:03:11 GMT

© BBC MMIV

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    MET this time, for you lucky londoners!!!

Man to sue Met over broken legs
    The Metropolitan Police is being sued for damages after an officer was fined for using a patrol car to pin a teenager to a wall.
    Sherman Thomas' legs were fractured after he was chased for allegedly stealing a moped in Brixton, south London in 2000.

The un-named officer was fined 13 day wages but not suspended.

A protest is being held outside Brixton Police station on Tuesday by Mr Thomas' supporters who want the officer sacked.

Mr Thomas, who was 18 at the time, wants to meet the panel to express his anger and disappointment.

They took three-quarters of my life away - I can never get a job now where I have to stand on my feet
    Sherman Thomas
    On 26 July, 2000, Mr Thomas, of Lewisham, south-east London, was found running through the streets after abandoning the moped.
    It was stolen but he claims he did not know that and has never been charged with stealing it.

He was pursued by a police car and the vehicle stopped with the wheels against the kerb.

Mr Thomas claims he had hands up but the officer said he was worried he was going to run off, or hit a female officer with helmet he had in his hand.

This has been denied by Mr Thomas' solicitor.

Insufficient evidence

The car then moved forward, pinning him against the wall.

Mr Thomas said: "The police deliberately attacked me, and covered up from the beginning. From that day I said I wouldn't stop fighting until I got justice.

"They took three-quarters of my life away - I can never get a job now where I have to stand on my feet."

The disciplinary panel found the officer guilty of being "neglectful in the performance of your duties in that you used a police vehicle as a moving barrier in a way that caused severe injury to Sherman Thomas when neither police officers nor any member of the public were confronted by a life-threatening risk justifying such an action."

But the Crown Prosecution Service says there is not enough evidence for a criminal prosecution, so the family have decided to take civil action.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "We received a civil claim in relation to this incident and it would be inappropriate for us to discuss the matter."

Story from BBC NEWS:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/h...on/3603881.stm

Published: 2004/04/06 11:05:06 GMT

© BBC MMIV

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They took three-quarters of my life away - I can never get a job now where I have to stand on my feet
    Theiving little ***** should have thought about that before stealing the bike shouldnt he! :roll:

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lol, yeah sure.

but after all this is the pigz, who should set an example.

Two wrongs dont make a right, especially as the copper has been fined...its like admitting he done wrong.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Traffic police chief did 104mph
    The police chief in charge of traffic in Greater Manchester has been caught speeding along a motorway at 104mph.
    Assistant Chief Constable Steve Thomas was fined £450 and given six penalty points by North Staffordshire magistrates on Thursday.

He said he sincerely regretted his "error of judgement", but had thought he was driving safely at the time.

Mr Thomas said he remained committed to reducing the number of traffic accidents caused by speeding.

I considered that my manner of driving was safe
    Assistant Chief Constable Steve Thomas
    Magistrates heard that Mr Thomas had been clocked doing 104mph on the M6 Toll road near Birmingham.
    After appearing in court, he defended his actions on the day.

In a statement he said: "On the day in question, the driving and road conditions were good, and I was part of a group of around 15 cars all doing around the same speed.

"I considered that my manner of driving was safe. However, exceeding the speed limit by this amount is unacceptable and I sincerely regret my error of judgement.

"Excessive speed is a contributory factor in many road traffic incidents and it's everyone's duty to drive safely and at a reasonable speed at all times."

He added: "I remain committed to reducing the number of serious road traffic accidents that occur in Greater Manchester."

Trauma and bereavement

A GMP spokesman confirmed: "Assistant Chief Constable Thomas has responsibility for traffic issues at GMP and those responsibilities will remain."

As well as being in charge of roads policing, Mr Thomas is head of divisional policing in Greater Manchester.

A spokesman for anti-speeding campaigners, Brake, said: "Driving at excessive speeds like this greatly increases the chance of a car crash.

"Someone in Mr Thomas' position, who has seen at first hand the consequences of speeding, should know better."

Story from BBC NEWS:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/h...er/3671161.stm

Published: 2004/04/29 16:55:11 GMT

© BBC MMIV

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aemiliuslepidus
    Mahmood, 30, was fined £200 for failing to stop, £200 for driving without insurance, £175 for failing to report an accident and £35 costs.
    only £200 for driving without insurance?!, and they wonder we people do that when insurance cost a lot more

these articles seem similar to the police range rover that tried to run me off the road earlier this week, we was heading towards me in the middle of the road with cars parked on either side, rather than stay on his side he forced me to swerve out of the way. luckily there was a gap in the cars on my side otherwise he would have hit me. How can they drive like that and then expect everyone else to stick to speed limits and other laws of the road.