Thread: Lowering Springs

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lowering Springs

One of my rear springs cracked the other day, and before i replace it with a standard set i was wondered about some springs with a 35-40mm drop. My question is would this give the car a more uncomfortable ride? Also which manufacture is the best because Apex are cheap at only £74.50 on PVD but Eibach at £122 claim no to alter ride quality, which if true i would buy, thanx for the help.
    Astra Mk4 1.6
    17" Team Dynamics Daytona
    Full Janspeed S1 Exhaust
    Pioneer CD, 2x10" Pioneer rear speaker, Pioneer front components, Sony 300w Amp

Status
    Sir Peter Pan
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cant speak for others mate, but I had Eibach`s on mine b4 the koni`s, and they were great. Good roadholding and no compromise on ride quality
    My Project Auto-Biography Thread: Skin of an Astra - Heart of a Monaro - Click here to read more!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanx Pete, the Eibach also come with the 1 million Kilometer warrenty aswell which has edged it, thanx for help
    Astra Mk4 1.6
    Full Janspeed S1 Exhaust

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

re: Lowering Springs

Scotty I got some 45/30 Eibachs from Joerg last week. They cost £97 delivered and are MUCH better springs than Apex which are not very good to be brutally honest. Although my cars slightly different than yours I'm sure the price would be around the same except the postage has gone up in the last few days but should be more than £3 extra.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Eibach are the best springs I've had on any car EVER. Honest

And this comes from someone who's had or fitted for others (and then tested obviously!):

Koni
    Spax
    Terra (the springs Bilstein supply in their kits)
    G-Max

After all those (including fitting Koni and then 2 sets of different Spax to one car) I still say that Eibach are the best, in terms of road compliance, ride comfort and ultimate handling. A stiffer spring is great on the track or smooth roads, but an Eibach is the best compromise spring unless you are prepared to go and get a fully adjustable set up like Pete has on his car

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I also know this sounds stupid, but the kits for the price of £122 forinstance is for 4 springs not each, i just wanna check this ops:
    Astra Mk4 1.6
    Full Janspeed S1 Exhaust

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well a got mine lowered yesterday by 40mils, i got jamex springs only cost me £69, got them from tuning.co.uk...not bad springs beter than g-max anyway which i used to have on my old car

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah Scotty there are 4 springs in the box when you get them. Just for your info, the Eibach 45/30 are a red colour and if you plump for 30/30 (which to be honest you'd be better off with on OE dampers as 45mm is very very close to the dampers limit) they are black.

Take a good word of advice here Scotty and get the Eibachs. They really are in a different class than the cheaper makes.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanx people im deffo ordering the Eibach's tommorow
    Astra Mk4 1.6
    Full Janspeed S1 Exhaust