Thread: the facts on the ecotek valve

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the facts on the ecotek valve

read some of the comments from jap city as a pointer "in city and out" adjustments
    http://www.ecotek.org.uk/

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...8%26oe%3DUTF-8

worth a read

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If they are so good they would be fitted as standard.
    Corsa C LEH 4x4?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I fiited one and took it off within a day! that's how good it was :?
    Never, EVER, pull a monkeys tail!!!

My Car : http://photobucket.com/albums/v75/SteveW1/

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if airbags are that good why dont they condem all old cars and infact why is it you can buy one with a driver air bag and no other "who is important in the car?? the driver or the kids and what about abs/traction control/active abs traction control and srs systems the list is endless, i think the biggest problem with the ecotech valve is the little understanding of its function its there to save fuel not give power to the engine and 99% dont fit it right

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    only a debate chaps

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carman
    if airbags are that good why dont they condem all old cars and infact why is it you can buy one with a driver air bag and no other "who is important in the car?? the driver or the kids and what about abs/traction control/active abs traction control and srs systems the list is endless, i think the biggest problem with the ecotech valve is the little understanding of its function its there to save fuel not give power to the engine and 99% dont fit it right

Read a book about airbags and you will see why it took so long for them to start installing them. Just cos Sony havnt released a playstation 3 yet doesnt measn they are not working on playstation 4, but why release number 3 when people are still buying number 2..

I can assure you if the manufacturers didnt have to fit abs t/c and srs they wouldnt, but if they didnt it would effect sales and insurance catagories.

Those ecotecs are pointless. If you wanna save fuel drive slower, with smaller thinner tyres and buy a small engines car. At the end of the day its just an air leak, and it will only help a car if its over fueling already.
    Corsa C LEH 4x4?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ben,
    I fitted an Ecotek to my old Renault Megane Coupe, as they suffered a known stalling problem when coasting to idle and the Ecotek prevented the revs falling to nothing as it leaks in air on overrun.

Boy was I chuffed when I started getting an extra 30 miles out of a tank of fuel. I disabled it on and off and lost the extra 30 miles each time it was disabled.

They don't work on some cars, hence the money back guarantee. Unless you've tried it don't knock it is all I would say. The theory they apply amounts to better fuel atomisation and tumble within the air intake to disperse the fuel into the air better, hence Clean Burn.

The reason they're not fitted as standard is because they make strange rasping noises and add to the cost of the car. Car makers are not gonna sell a car if a new owner comes back to complain the car rasps like a mad duck on overrun

Stainless steel exhausts, K&N filters and polished and matched intake manifolds all improve on a car, but you won't find Vauxhall fitting them as standard, as they like to turn a decent profit. The 'If they are so good they would be fitted as standard.' argument doesn't wash with me on that point

Light the match and wait for the flames to appear

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ecotek's = Marmite (like them or you don't)

I've had one and found it to be all it said in the blurb (and independant test reports).

The reason they don't fit them as standard is that they have to be set up individually on each car, and so cannot be done on a 'plug and play production line'.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The noise it made was terrible, even when it was 'bedded in', I just could not stand it, so I never got chance to judge it's effects!
    Never, EVER, pull a monkeys tail!!!

My Car : http://photobucket.com/albums/v75/SteveW1/

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I had one on mine fited professionally and tuned professionally buy as guy who has fitted loads of them as he sells them, And it was shite caused nothing but problems even my braking was effected. did nothing for performance and the increase in miles well it would of took around 20k to even get my money back.

Waste of time IMO but if you like em then thats fine its just my opnion on them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast