Thread: Coupe 1.8/2.2

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Coupe 1.8/2.2

Just wundering how they fair against each other? I know their isnt much between em in the 0-60 spec, but what about general drive and power etc?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think the 2.2 wud be a better drive as the power/torque is more spread out & smoother, the 1.8 is getting a bit old now & has been around for best part of 8 or so years now, I know the old X20XEV was around for longer, but I still think the 2.2 will be the better of the 2 engines

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    2.2 pulls better, sounds better, responds instantly to the throttle (you can even blip it) plus it suits the Coupe chassis better than any of the other engines on offer.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I drive a 2.2 and have driven a 1.8 on a few ocasions. The 1.8 is a very good compramise to the 2.2, as far as 0-60 goes theres nothing in it, although after 60mph the 2.2 is a lot quicker. Also the 2.2 has a load more torque which can turn you into a very lazy driver as you very rarely need to down gear. If insurance isnt an issue, buy a 2.2, if it is then the 1.8 is hardly a big compramise.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

re: Coupe 1.8/2.2

Thanks guys. Ive yet to drive either yet, as when i went for a test drive in a 1.8 some time back, they only had a turbo, so i got a free play in that! Anyway, i think ill test drive both and see, but going on your advice, the 2.2 does sound better. thanks again.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i use to own a 2.2 coupe and i rate it highly. never driven the 1.8 but obviosley the 2.2 will be quicker ,and alot smoother mate.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have the 1.8 and have been quite happy with it, but if I had to do it again I'd go for the 2.2...as everyone has said not much in it in a straight line, but the 2.2 is an effortless drive and has more potential to tune too..

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what irmscher coupe said.... i am happy with my 1.8, but i kind of wish i'd gone with the 2.2 now and just stomached the slightly higher insurance for a while... ah well c'est la vie...

mind you, more tuning stuff seems to be on the horizon for the 1.8 what with regals kit and this supercharger thing someone posted
    My car - Rusty Custom Creations Inc....

The only natural pilots are born with feathers.... except me.