Thread: Stereo help

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Stereo help

hey i know some of u guys will of seen this thread so many times but I still can't do it.

Im ordering my new headunit 2day and wana take th eold one out

The CHUM at halfords said these were the right clips to use

I prosume i need to take the surround off the stereo to get to these holes. but the only way i can see is to wedge something doen the side of the dash and prise it off help. here is the ugly thing

also im deciding over these stereos, which do u thinks best

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok, they are the correct keys for the standard vaux headunit. And that DOESNT look like the standard vaux headunit!! TBH dont know how u gonna get that out with resorting to drastic tactics.

As regards to the headunit, i had this decision last week. I quite fancied the sony, but didnt think it would look right in the dash, and people who know ICE dont seem to like sony for some reason!
    I opted for the pioneer, and its awesome! Looks smart in the car too. Also bought the adapter cable to convert the steering contols.
    The kenwood looks too "in yer face" to me.

Personal preferance i suppose.
    HTH
    mmmmmmmm, nice try!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh shit, i knew it wasn't a standard one!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I cant recall what the VDO uses as a removal tool - but looking at it , yes the surround trim prises off easily.

As for the replacement H/U.....

It depends what you want it to do..
    If you want to still use the steering wheel controls its OK to use any of them
    If you want to continue to use the heads up display in the way it is then its an extra lead for all but the Pioneer
    In terms of sound quality I would say its a close race between the pioneer and the kenwood
    For Bling factor - The kenwood because of the motorised front, and the Pioneer in the quality appearnace and clarity.
    I would rule out the Kenwood because the upturned keypad when opened almost faces the rooflining with the use of the existing Din aperture.
    why do today what you can...... I'll finish this later

2958cc was 175BHP @ 4000rpm, 370Nm (273lb.ft.) @ 1900rpm NOW 230BHP/469Nm (344.9lb/ft)!! www.IUsedToOwnTwoAstras.com

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers Kitchpoo. i agree, the Pioneers good but its not bling compared to the kenwood! I beleive all three of those stereos requires the adapter for the steering controls including the pioneer. I didnt know theres another one for the heads up display?

The headunit in it at the mo is a CD 441 XED, just found it for sale on a site for £154!!!

When i open the ashtray (behind the flap)there are a few torx screws, they look like they've been used as the paints come off them. Do you think thats how the units been put in. Or do think that was how the original was taken out. (if u get me, dont wana take things off if i dont need to!)

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the torx screws there are to remove the whole centre console - and to remove the centre console there are 2 screws behind the radio - so no - this isnt how its fitted

have you got the side trim off the unit yet? - try a thin electricl screwdriver and a soft cloth against the console for protection - also attack the underside as this is less noticable.

For £60 our Kenwood has scrolling text across the heads up display and operates the steering controls

2958cc was 175BHP @ 4000rpm, 370Nm (273lb.ft.) @ 1900rpm NOW 230BHP/469Nm (344.9lb/ft)!! www.IUsedToOwnTwoAstras.com

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Guna have a jab at it now. Safe Kitch!
    which Kenwood u got?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the cars only 2 years old, the guy I bought it off said it came with a cassete player so i guess they had to take the dash off to take that out

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Z383W

The lead for the kenwoods is a Soundlinx Part Number: VAU03DIS

http://www.soundlinx.co.uk/

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The head unit does not require the centre console to be removed

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast