Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wiring, Autochangers and unidentified connectors

Hi all,

linked to the ongong NCDR 1100 project, I removed my radio, ash tray and glove box today to take a good look around. Thought I would search for the autochanger cable as many have said it is pre-installed behind the glove box. Well, I found a 18 pin rectangluar wiring connector with a lever hinge (which looks like the autochanger cable on my Pug 206), but this doesn't seem to be the same as the one most are talking about, I think that it is normally a squarer shaped 12 pin (see other thread ccr600 plus).
    Is there more than one type of autochanger cable in an Astra G? If it is the cable, I can't find the other end (unless is goes into the current 2x8 and 1x10 Iso connectors.

Also, one of the unidentifed connectors previously discussed under the ash tray, a green 12 -pin one - could this be the autochanger cable or maybe the drivers information centre connector (i.e. computer / trip thing)?

Anyone with a ccr 600 / 4 disk / 6 disk changer, can you confirm the connector types on a) the back of the radio and b) the connector on the autochanger please, it may help me identify whats what!!

PS I may have found somewhere that can re-programme the NCDR's with a new code - will confirm when possible.
    2003 Astra 1.8 SXi & 2005 Zafira GSi

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Was you connector right over by the passenger side and taped to the main loom?

If so it's probably the phone loom
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, it was right in the passenger side corner taped to the loom. Maybe my car has not got the autochanger cable then? I take it that it should be the 12 pin squareish one for the autochanger then?
    2003 Astra 1.8 SXi & 2005 Zafira GSi