Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Washer Jets being a pain

My washer jets are playing up on my MK3 Astra

There is just a wirring noise and no water coming out. I'm having to continually hold the washer jet switch for around 30 seconds before it works or it comes out quicker when ive just managed to get some water out in the first place.

And even when it does come out, it either dribbles or hits the screen where it should then the pressure appears to slowly decrease to the bottom of the screen. The only way I can get it to work properly, is to keeping hitting the switch in pulses, so it lands where it should.

I just changed the jets this afternoon and it still seems to be going the same

Is it just the pump playing silly buggers?

Also I noticed in my TIS that there was a note about an issue with this on the rear windscreen where the water is delayed (issue with mine also) and it said something but installing a non return valve, anyone know more on this ?

Thanks

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just pulled the pump out and noticed a black rubber filter at the bottom.

Pulled the filter out, noticed it was grimey, cleaned it all out, popped it back in and bobs ur mothers aunt. POWER!!!! muhahaha (such a nice change), lol

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Was gonna say it'll be your pump filter blocked with congealed screen wash at a guess but you've already found it Vauxhall picked this up on my last major service on my Mk4. They also wanted to charge me £78 to sort it :roll:

Naughty's !!

Mick

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nasty... it looks like snot, i nearly threw up when i had to clean one out

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ditto,

happened to my Astra G just as the weather turned bad - took it into Vauxhall garage and it cost £40 for removing the gunk from the filter :shock: (getting to the filter costs the time & money!)

...now know just to use a hose pipe next time to wash it out.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I haven't had this prob yet, but best way 2 get at the screen wash bottle is to take the front bumper off the G & hey presto, nice & easy 2 get at, wish they still kept it in the same place as it was in teh MK3, it was far easier 2 clean out

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have this problem, how do you get to this filter??
    Drives '04 Vectra SRi 2.0T

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by @str@m@n
    I have this problem, how do you get to this filter??
    Im guessing its the same as my mk3, as the cavalier is also the same.

Officially you should disconnect the battery first.

Then you need access to the water reservoir. You will see a cylindrical pump attached to it with a cable coming out. Disconnect this cable.

Pull the pump up and it will just slide out, then where the end part of the pump pushed in, you will see a black ring, just get hold of that and pull it out (that is the filter a black ring with a long bit on it, bit like a solid rubber condom but with filters in it and obviously smaller ) Then just clean the filter out, refit everything and bobs ur uncle. (Note though when you pull the filter out , that if your water level is above where the pump sits it will all flood out.

Also it may be necessary to pull out the whole reservoir and clean it out, as there may still be grime e.t.c and after a few uses it will clog up again