AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Latest on Astra H Turbo

News in from auto express.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/preview...y.php?id=44672

Looks like Matt Smith was right all along.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    that is ****in ugly!
    "we are the knights that say, ni"

www.donnycruise.com

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I like that a lot, might change the wheels though, they look 'aftermarket' rather than made to suit the car.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Shame about them using the Z20let IMO. They have made afew changes, but I reserve judgement until the range topper is released

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That has to take the award for the worst rear of any car away from the Megane.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Spence
    That has to take the award for the worst rear of any car away from the Megane.

Its not that bad mate :!: :!:

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was reading about the Astra F in the Daily telegraph motoring section last week. It detailed how the ESP found on the higher spec models works to prevent understeer.

It basicaly described how the car will react in stages to understeer. First it will apply breaking to the front inside wheel in an effort to get the car to pirowet around it and hence turn. If that dosent work, it will apply breaking to the rear inside wheel which has the same effect but on a larger scale. This sounds pretty much how the current Astra G ESP works but then they've added a bit. If it still understeers the rear suspention will then become progressivly firmer effectivly rearing the car. I cant remeber how this influences the car to turn but I assume its to do with putting more weight over the front wheels or reducing the stability of the rear?

My description might not be totaly acurate, but there was definatly something to do with the rear suspention adjusting itself and hence if you try to drop the car on a coilover kit you might hit some big problems? worth thinking about I suppose. :roll:

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No doubt Irmscher will already be on the case with the suspension and adjustments

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Coupé
    I was reading about the Astra F in the Daily telegraph motoring section last week. It detailed how the ESP found on the higher spec models works to prevent understeer.

It basicaly described how the car will react in stages to understeer. First it will apply breaking to the front inside wheel in an effort to get the car to pirowet around it and hence turn. If that dosent work, it will apply breaking to the rear inside wheel which has the same effect but on a larger scale. This sounds pretty much how the current Astra G ESP works but then they've added a bit. If it still understeers the rear suspention will then become progressivly firmer effectivly rearing the car. I cant remeber how this influences the car to turn but I assume its to do with putting more weight over the front wheels or reducing the stability of the rear?

My description might not be totaly acurate, but there was definatly something to do with the rear suspention adjusting itself and hence if you try to drop the car on a coilover kit you might hit some big problems? worth thinking about I suppose. :roll:
    Your absolutly right. The rear suspension will make itself harder or softer basically to give the effect of moving the weight back and forth to compensate for the condition the car is in.

This system has basically done away with conventional dampers as well.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i bet it'll look sweet as **** in a 2door version with a nice colour.
    i reckon that if them fog lights were the full size of the......er,fog light cut out bit (can't think of the proper name) it would look proper bo!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast