Thread: mirror vauxhall article

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

mirror vauxhall article

ne one read the Mirror today, in their DRIVEN section there was a small reference to the new Astra, well they didnt say anything bad about it just going on how vauxhalls depreciating, so vauxhall are releasing a new Astra and certain reporters cant think of anything bad to write about it so what do they come up with to get on the vauxhall bashing band wagon, yep depreciation and how bad at this vauxhalls are at this.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/driven/

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's great It means I can pick up a year old low mileage second-hand one at a decent price .

Auto express review of the Mk5 was very good, but it still didn't beat the new golf tho.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you buy the Daily Teleghraph tomorrow and find the motoring supliment there is a hole page dedicated to the new astra. Its either page 3 or 5 but I cant remeber now. Its quite a good write up!

I read it thursday! How? I Work for em

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    why do people always slate vauxhall?.
    at the end of the day there bloody good cars .

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    It is just because Clarkeson did it in 1995 and every other Journalist thinks it's cool to jump on the band wagon!!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Agree with Mat, Vauxhall went downhill with the likes of Austin-Rover in the bad old days and they clawed back their reputation, but some journo's want to give Vauxhall stick in the same way as they do to MG Rover with their MG ZR,ZT etc.

Jezza Clarkson was right when he originally slagged off some of the model range, but he was very very impressed with the VX220 Turbo and the Monaro, so he is now converted so to speak.

However, as is always the case, some loser journo's want to step into Mr Clarksons shoes to carry on deriding the marque, because they think it will buy them column inches.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    :? duno, I slate vauxhalls but I'd still buy them. you get what you pay for I rekon.

what gets me more tho is why journalists and such PRAISE fords so much, especially the FOCUS, like its such a great car. I've driven a 1.4 version and found it to be utter bollox. and "oh, its cutting edge styling" a*se to that too, its a wedge wi wheels. how hard wis it to style?!

best selling car in england, feel sorry for yas lol. our best selling car in 2003 or maybe it was 02 was the audi a3 (according to press & journal)