Thread: Obscene. Anyone know about this?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Obscene. Anyone know about this?

This is ridiculous. Annoyed me so much I got to have a rant about it......

Some friends of my parents were woken up at 3am the other night by the police, who informed them that their house had been broken into earlier in the night and both their cars had been stolen. Now, I will say here first that its great that the police managed this, and so quickly. Apparently they'd gone to investigate something and seen people running from 2 cars so ran a check on them and found out who they belonged to.

HOWEVER, the police then said that the cars had been taken back to be finger printed and they couldn't have them back until they'd paid £125 for each car to cover the cost of finger printing. WHAT THE HELL?!

So not only do these people wake up to find their cars gone, but they also find that the police are holding them randsom over payment for a procedure that in any sane society they shouldnt have to pay for and weren't given the option to decide about either

Apparently this is common and it usually gets covered by the insurance. Thing is, the two cars were undamaged (though obviously locks will need changing) so not much point making an insurance claim.

Anyone aware of this? Never heard of it before. Maybe this is accepted and I'm just ranting for nothing. So just in case I'll say nice one again to the police for getting the cars back so quickly....

Status
    In House Designer
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well, i've already said my bit to u, sick, makes me mad, is there no commen sence left in the world
    Visit our-formats.com for creative design services

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    :shock: Neva heard of that before but it makes me sick....that is absolutely discusting.......so we pay our tax and for what????? to be told that we have to cover other costs as well....blooody ridiculous
    Addicts dont do cocaine...They merely just like the smell of it

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like a "theft tax" to me - more money extorted off the unfortunate.

Must be a new idea, as normally the Police con't give a toss where crimes concerned. But give 'em an easy way to make money , and they'll soon respond.

Makes you wonder where all the tax/surcharge/fee money goes.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've heard cases where the police have charged £125 for recovering the veichle.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    similar thing happened to me - got my car broken into and was charged for the unathorised removal or my car. wasnt allowed my car back until a scene of crime was done and was subsecuently billed for the storage as well.

thats totally crazy thou, im sorry to here bout the break-in

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    never heard of that....

when some scumbag tried to nik my beemer they couldn't bypass the inmobilizer so they half inched my h/u and cut themsleves and left blood in it...pity it wasnt their throats..

phoned the local nick, tasty looking chic came round , dusted it down for prints and took samples of the blood..never paid a penny

they got a match and he got done....all i got in compo was 1 squid for my alpine unit....and never saw the radio again

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not heard that one but not at all surprised tbh. would normally be swallowed up by the huge insurance claim but its obviously different as there wont be a claim!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    a mate who lives near me had his f... sierrea stolen police took his car in for finger printing and now they want £200. before they release his car .
    car is not worth that much. there was also a big wright up about it in the local paper about it so this seems to be the norm .

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's ridiculous. Continually charging/fining decent law abiding people for everything because they know they'll pay