Thread: ICV

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ICV

Can someone please point me in the direction of the idle control valve, the cars doing me head in cus it keeps cutting out from under revving, i've really gotta give it a clean, cus if it aint that its probably the throttle body....

A pic would be really helpful due to the fact that i'm not really mechanically minded and if you tell me its next to the thingybob, under the wotsit, i will be none the wiser.....

Much appreciated....
    There are two great teams in Liverpool.....Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves..........

Bill Shankley

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not that it really helps but I had this problem so I took it to a local garage that I trust from previous experience. They charged me £30 to code read the ECU (Turned out it was idling too low), remove, strip, clean and re-setup the TB and ICV (Apparently carbon build up is a common problem with these) Problem sorted and she now runs like a dream

Mick

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would like a how to, or piccys as well please.
    Richie Rich - The Resident P.I.M.P
    "Pimp-Izzle-Fizzle"
    Arden Blue MK4 GSi Turbo

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I remember when i joined the forum, i read posts that said this was gonna be a how to soon...

Anyone know if its in the pipeline at all...?
    There are two great teams in Liverpool.....Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves..........

Bill Shankley

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was going to do a How To for this, but kinda forgot ops: :roll: U know the pipe which goes from the back of the airbox to the back of the engine? Unscrew the large jubilee clip which holds that tight, lift the pipe up & hey presto, there be ur throttle body, just clean it with sum Carb Cleaner

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok mate i know where that is....can you now point me in the direction of the icv...
    Cheers

Bill Shankley

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well had a go at it today, really easy job, took about 5 mins, loads of crap came off and she is running like a dream...!

Bill Shankley