Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a little help would be great.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just a little help would be great.

Hi guys how ya all doin?? I was jus wandering if anyone knew of any pretty good racing steering wheels for sale at around £50. im looking for something like the rectangular shape, preferably in black and silver. Cheers guys, hope ya can help as ive looked at a few and they wayyyyyy too expensive as money is a little tight at the minute lol.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hmmmm, not sure bout cheapness tbh, what car is it going onto? Oh & why a rectangular one, it would make it look like an Austin Allegro with the dodgy squareish steering wheel

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    nahh i was goin for the racey look not the allegro look lol. It will be going on an astra mk4 1.6 16v. Just like the recatangular shape but rounded off if ya know what i mean..........

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yup, I know wot u mena, was only jesting with ya I dont think that you can remove the airbag without invalidating your insurance coz it is part of the Safety features on the car, someone else woul prob know better than me about this aspect of it

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah at the minute all i want is to really find one n buy it and then i will get the airbag proffesionally removed as it is treated like an explosive i have heard and is dangerous to do yourself, doesnt matter bout the insurance will have many many mods that they will not know about lol im addicted to buying stuff for the car and i aint even got it yet lol

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not so sure if it would invalidate your insurance cos a lot of people have them. also you can get wheels which allows airbags to still be used.
    Howellsy

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boy-r8cer
    Yeah at the minute all i want is to really find one n buy it and then i will get the airbag proffesionally removed as it is treated like an explosive i have heard and is dangerous to do yourself, doesnt matter bout the insurance will have many many mods that they will not know about lol im addicted to buying stuff for the car and i aint even got it yet lol
    think about this one mate, say the worst happens you have an accident you gotta consider a few things :-

can ya cope with a head ache every day,

most insurance companies will inspect the car i.e video it and send it off, now the problem you are gonna come up aainst is, if your gonna have the steering wheel professionally removed, you gotta have it proffesionally refitted again, and to be perfectly honest that aint gonna happen between the insurance company picking your car up from the crash site and delivery to the garage of thier choice. somethings can be hiding a sqaure steering wheel with corners rounded of will not............... INVALID INSURANCE is it worth it

the dash board on the mk4 looks quite bulky imo, so a steering wheel without the airbag inplace will look a wee bit wierd imo of course.
    YOUR FRIENDLY WINDSCREEN MAN

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I completely agree with everyone here mate. You have to think whether it is really worth the potential hassle it might bring. One of my mates severed both his wrists because he had a racing steering wheel and crashed.

However, if you still want to go ahead wth it, the cheapest branded racing wheels i can think of are by Mountney (excuse me spelling). You can get em from Demon tweeks and even Halfords.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    severed? ouch!!!! poor bloke...
    My car - Rusty Custom Creations Inc....

The only natural pilots are born with feathers.... except me.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boy-r8cer
    doesnt matter bout the insurance will have many many mods that they will not know about lol
    dont understand ppl like this. u cant like ur car very much :roll:
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast