Thread: PHASE LINEAR SUBS

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

PHASE LINEAR SUBS

Does anyone know of this brand? I have tried to do some research on the make but the official site is in some european language, my m8 has 2 12" subs 2 sell me of this brand but I want to find out a little more about them, n e ideas, or does n e one have n e first hand experience with them?? the power is supposed 2 b unrated

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had a 12" in mine, difficult to say, they had excellent reviews in all the mags. To be honest it depends on what ur after, i used to have a 10"kenwood (u know, the blue one) and that to me wasn't as loud, but was really punchy and gave a really good clear sound. When some lowlife nicked it i went for the phase linear 12", the sub drops fantastically, but on the punchy notes i don't think it was that great. U will def need a decent amp to run em, i used a kenwood monoblock. In fact, my cousin is after a new sub for his new celica 190, so i think he's selling it, if u want me to find out more gissashout mate. I think he'd sell the amp as well. N e way these r just my views.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Phase linear are one of the top brands in Europe for many a year, but not that well known in the UK. They are brought in to the UK by Fryer Sales who also bring in Stinger gear.

I would describe there subs as being more SQ than SPL but it depends on the model. There Aliante Subs have a Legendary status in the SQ community. I have had a pair of there Aliante 12" LTD SI subs for the last few years(now sitting in my cupboard), as I to consider these to be some of the best SQ subs ever made.

All the stuff that I have heard is excellent and I am a big fan of there OPUS amps, Aliante subs and the Audiophile series components.

I would post a pic of the subs but my own hosting site is down at the mo.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So I'll use a different hosting site.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    THATS THEM!!! so basil, the amp I have at the minute is a precision power pc6600.2 6 channel amp, will this be enough to power 2 of them?? also how much do you think two of them would be worth second hand now, My m8 wants 150 quid each

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    @str@m@an these are power hungry subs and really need a good amp to power them. I used to power them with the OPUS 1 and then a Soundstream Rubicon 1002. So while the PPI will work, you will not get anything near the best out of them as you will not have the output capability, or the best control from your woofers due to it underpowering them. (obviously there are many factors that effect the output capablility but I am generalising a bit). The normal 12" are a bit of the same I am afraid, as yet again you will need a good powerful amp.

£150 is brilliant if they are the 12" LTD SI versions as they normally sell well above the £250 mark on eBAY. I am not sure on the normal 12" SI or the older 12" ones but £150 would probably be right for the 12" SI and for the older 12" ones I really don't know.

Before buying them though, try and give them a listen if you can, as they are very disictly SQ subs. They can go low but not like conventional subs. Sorry my description is a bit vague but you will understand if you hear them, they are very very distinctive. The Doof Doof brigde hate them for this very reason.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If they are not ltd's be very carefull as they will go loud but melt doing it.

The one and only infamous eddy p has indeed melted one after he got 144Db on the old mics. Dont know what he was playing but it was on his old genesis monoblock so don't go doing idbl events with them .
    '51 Reg Astra 1.8 SXI 5DR for sale.