Thread: scaryest moment in your astra

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

scaryest moment in your astra

mine has to have been a while back, was comming down a country lane near where i live comming round the corner there is a bit of a dip in the road, as i came round going moderately quick :roll: anyway the car hit the dip and got a bit out of shape, snaking a little, corrected myself eventually but not a nice experiance, luckly there where no cars comming the other way ops:

then the other day in the ice turned gently to go round a corner v v slowly, the car kept going however and curbed one alloy .

nothing else apart from them two however (YET :roll: )

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    145 mph ish on the M6 showing a BMW Z5 what the Turbo badge meant. At extreme speed like that, long bends that you wouldn't normally be noticed become something that must be negotiated with care as the chassis loads up into them :shock:

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it was pi**ing it down one day on my way to my summer job in a call center, the two seperate cars i passed crashed should have been a warning ro me but anyway came out of a round about to fast lost some traction with the road due to the amount of surface water, car snaked as i had to turn to hard to miss an oncomming mk3golf, then spun after grinding my back alloy off a curb, spun 270 and had to sit still for a good five minutes catching my breath and slowing my heart rate!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well one night i reached to my stereo to turn up the tunes but accidently pressed the button for a local radio station :shock:
    i had to endure at least 4 seconds of tragedy by steps, that was pretty scary.
    and also there was a T-rex incident, but he gave up after a while good ol 1.4

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've had the back out on my coupe many times, sometimes on demand and sometimes due to driving too silly and doing daft things. I've spun it completely once and fishtailed it a couple of times. Very tail happy when provoked. Its a nice trait but its caused me some concern on a number of occasions

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    signing the finance form
    2 Door E350 CDI - OM642 power baby
    emJlZnIgdmYgZmJiYmIgeW5mZyBscm5l

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    This was left of my scaryest moment with my old astra

espacially having no belt on at the time and bits of uno missing my head and going on your side.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Accidently getting to 105 mph, following Chris down one of the by-passes in the area, the road bends the whole way, then I realised that I was getting a bit too close to the roundabout, started breaking and nearly lost it.... The back end started to go, only just held it together :shock:

Never risked going that fast down there since, no more than 80 mph now. Scared myself big time.
    Say a prayer for the fallen angles
    The future just ain't what it used to be...
    Tru's Car Portraits

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    that pretty mangled mate what happened?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i think i was pretty scared or more worried, is when i walked out to my car first thing in the morning, only see to a smashed up wing mirror all over the place, as i got closer, i couldnt make out what other damage there was to the car, thinking the windows gotta be smashed in as well, but when i got there, just the wing mirror was bashed in, thank god! Little shits!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast