Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chipped DTI: fuel pump failures?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Chipped DTI: fuel pump failures?

Has anyone heard about fuelpump failures on chipped DTI's? I've heard in a little while about two fuel pump failures, both car's where chipped. Not sure if the chipping had anything to do with the failures, but does not sound fun..At least on the other case, first the pumps circuits were fried, thought is that this was caused by voltagepeak by the chipped program, and then the whole pump failed. New fuel pump does cost quite a lot..
    This can be just a coinsidence, but two and the same type..

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Apparently happened with early models pre-2000ish I think,then pump modified by bosch,these were NON chipped vehicles
    Did read somewhere that fuel pumps(older models) were suseptable to seizing up after rebuilts/modding something to do with the distance that the pump has to open up and diesel not being able to lubricate the increased pump area sufficiently,which then overheats and seizes.
    All the performance companies should be aware of these failings.
    Serie C1 ,non grazie !!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    tried to find articles about the VP44 pump failures was on one of the US bosch sites,can`t find it though pretty sure the failures in the article was to do with actual pump(mechanical) and not the electrics.
    sounds like reprogramme`s been turn up too high,on mine we had to turn reprogramme voltages down as eng. manage. light was on too much,lost a bit on performance,but gained on consumption and(hopefully) longevity.
    Serie C1 ,non grazie !!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    tower,

What chip do you have? and is it a 2.0DTi yours?
    2 Door E350 CDI - OM642 power baby
    emJlZnIgdmYgZmJiYmIgeW5mZyBscm5l

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    superchip programme
    yup a sport edition(2.0DTi 16v)
    Serie C1 ,non grazie !!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Tower i think i contacted u b4 about this.. but have u got any info on your remap and where it can be done. Mines the Y20DTH

I was also looking into the option of the "tuning box" plug and play sort of thing, and if anything happens it can be taken out. Unlike the remap, if it went wrong? I wouldnt be able to do anything...

Cheers for any info

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine is Y20DTL, and I'm installing cooler on it. After that supposed to either remap it or put a 'power-box'. By remapping, the software can by made with the cooler in mind. The boxes are made for DTL without the cooler. The cooler then might add a hp or few but it has not been thought about in the designing of the software in the box.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    right firstly Astra DTi 16v,you`re correct in your assumption,but the remap comes with a key ( a memory chip) onto which your original ecu programme is loaded.with a card reader/writer this can be uploaded whenever you want and the remap downloaded and stored tweaked and reuploaded,as long as the pc working the key has power you`re in business.
    secondly pine ,as you say your model has the 2.0 DTi 16v,low pressure turbo and as such isn`t designed with intercooling in its normal state,unless.....,your upping power,boost,fueling etc etc (to Y20DTH mark) bear in mind Air mass meter,fuel pump+ fuel pressure (I think)may have to be altered/changed also that the boost will have to be raised ,not sure if your model years turbo needs upgrading,or if you can get away with it.
    good luck tower
    Serie C1 ,non grazie !!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I thought the only difference between the Di(Y20DTL) and the DTi (Y20DTH) was the intercooler

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    simon DTi,you may well be right on current my2004 range,but it wasn`t always so.....
    Serie C1 ,non grazie !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast