Thread: todays ice mod :)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

todays ice mod :)

today when around my mates house he had a role of dynamat in the garage, it was extra from when he did his whole car so he insisted i have it as my car rattles so much ops:

we just opened up the bit on the tailgate which is covered with that plastic trim and put a thick layer of dynamat there. then we had a nice little sound test to disturb the neighbours sounded better with just 30 mins work.

so basically i was just wondering are there any parts of the car that are prone to rattle cos theres still loads of them around. i was thinking about the few centimetres along the edge of the tailgate but wasnt too sure. any ideas?
    gsi front, sri turbo rear, bk299's, 2x15" diamond m3's and a dls a6 I need more bass ... 1200 rms and counting

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I dynamatted my wheel well, behind the front speakers is a good place too. 3/4 panels are another place to do behind

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As LN says, the wheel wells, The doors, tailgate and the Firewall (difficult to do without removing the dash but go as high as you can).

This is the first thing I do when I get a new car, as not only does the soundsystem sound better, but the car feels better put together and the trim panels fit more snuggly. Plus the doors give that reassuring Clunk when you close them. My current car has about 25 rolls of Dynamat extreme in it which might sound like a lot but then again the SPL boys tend to do a lot more.

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So Basil,

Can't remember if you've been asked this, or given your opinion.

Will flashing tape be good enough if your not competing ?
    (ie someone on a budget)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It is better than nothing. If your budget cannot extend up to Dynamat Extreme than look at Brown bread as it is even better than flashing tape, and almost as good as Extreme.