Thread: Spoiler seal help needed.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Spoiler seal help needed.

Gonna have a go at fitting a SRI spoiler at weekend, any tips on how to drill, also how do l seal it once it's on, l know l got to get the rubber thingies from vxl (whatever they are), is that it, any help appreciated.
    SOLD Slightly tickled 175.9bhp 2.2 SE2 on 19" vxr's..

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You could put a blob of silicone under the spoiler, but it actually is bolted through the single skin part of the boot, which is outside of the seal for the boot.

As with all drilling, make dead sure you are drilling in the right place and if you can, drill from the inside of the boot lid to the outside, so if it slips you scratch a bit which won't be seen and can be easily touched up.

When I've done ones in the past I have piloted a very small drill from the outside, using the templates from the spoiler kit and lots of stuff to prevent scratches, then opened the holes out from underneath.

It is advisable to flush any swarf away with a hosepipe, rather than trying to brush it off, which can scratch paintwork

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    did u get templates with the spoiler? this is so u can mark on the car exactly where the holes are going.

fitted my gsi spoiler on mine. had existing holes from my old spoiler but 2 were in the wrong place for the new one, so i had to put sum more in.

- 1st drill a small hole (3mm) into the boot where the holes are situated on the spoiler. (smaller drill piece will drill in easier)

- then use a bigger drill piece (same size as the bolts uv got) and go through the holes u made.

- put the pads on the feet of the spoiler, puts the bolts thru the holes and secure the spoiler.

- tighten the bolts gradually and evenly (wot the instructions said on mine!)

hope this helps
    :roll:

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    this is a geniune second hand spoiler peeps so he doesn't have any templates or seals!
    (Previously owned a SRi-Turbo Phase III.5 running 290bhp 370ibft
    AUDI Sales Executive

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    to do this you need to cover the mounting points of the spoiler with paper and tape it to the car so it can't move, then fit the spoiler and draw around it onto the paper. Take off the spoiler and the tape and offer the paper up to the spoiler, mark the holes for the mounting bolts.

Then replace the spoiler and the paper to the car, realign it all and tape the paper down. Now you can pilot drill the holes through the paper