Thread: Spending money on the damn car again. . .

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Spending money on the damn car again. . .

I had to get two new tyres today, the old Dunlop front ones were still legal but quite scary in the wet, so they've been retired in favour of two new Eagle F1 GSD3's. So now the car is on Goodyear all round

£110 each fitted, not too bad AND I got all the flushfit valves I bought an age ago fitted front and rear for an extra fiver

No apologies for having dirty wheels, the car hasn't had a proper clean since November. Too cold :P

I've got new sparkplugs on their way to me, should be here tomorrow. I got the NGK Iridium ones, as they apparently last better than Denso and they were cheaper too. Not too concerned about 'cooler' plugs, although these will be one grade cooler than the standard copper core Vauxhall plugs (which have gone 'off' badly the last few 1000 miles)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nice I know what you mean about washing the car. Our car needs a wash about every 3 days as trudy takes it to the horses so muddy as well as every thing else grips the car.
    Simon Mk:3. One of the best mk:3's in the south

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Where did you get the tyres from and how much steve? I need a pair for mine.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Got them from Buckley Tyres, an independent firm up the road from me (well in the next town, but only a couple of miles). They deal in motorbike and performance tyres a lot, so give good discounts on decent performance tyres