Thread: Vauxhall ccr600 plus changer >serious probs

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Vauxhall ccr600 plus changer >serious probs

I just took this head unit out of my astra and removed the included blaupunkt changer to sell on ebay. I advertised it without the changer lead as this is built into the wiring loom on my astra. A guy has bought it and tried to install it in his vectra v6 and reckons that the headunit doesn't even recognise a cd-changer is hooked up and won't let you enter the code!! (the changer seems to be powered as the eject button light is on, although he says it will not eject the cartridge). This is a bit of an arse as it was all working when i removed it from my astra, anyone have any ideas before i ask him to send it back ?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You hold down a different button on powerup to enter the code. Off the top of my head its AS for the radio code and the (O) button (I think?) next to the tape deck to enter the changer code.

The wire to link head unit to changer is available as a special order Vauxhall part, I've just ordered one for a nav install that I'm going to cut up. It was for a CCRT700 but I assume the standard ISO one should be available also.

Does the changer play but beep every second or so? If it doesnt have the code it will play at least. Anything else and he'll need this wire.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    he has a manual and says he's done exactly what it says, he already has the relevant cable too...the changer apparantly does nothing at all..
    Used to own Astra Coupe 2.2, Supra 3.0 Turbo, Supra MK4

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It lights up but won't eject. I think it would eject without the code tbh. It just plays with the periodic beep and CD SAFE in the display IIRC.

What does the display say when he tries to switch from tuner to CD?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ian, you sure that it still ejects the Magazine from the changer as I was under the impression that it did not in safe mode? Either way I agree with Ian that it sounds like the chap needs to enter the codes for it to work. I thought that you had to enter the Changer code first and then the radio code but then again it has been awhile so I might be mistaken.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Jay,

It wont work and i will tell you why. I had a facelifted Vectra and i bought a ccr600 out of a pre facelift model. Fitted it all correctly and the changer would not be recognised by the head unit. Vauxhall changed the wiring loom on facelifted models that connects the head unit to the changer. They launched a four disc changer on later models and the one on the earlier ones was a six disc changer. Mine was exactly the same as you have stated it would power up and the magazine would eject but that is it. It could be made to work by tracing each wire and soldering or replacing the loom possibly with the earlier loom that is what Vauxhall offered me when i contacted there technical dept. I doubt your winning bidder will go through all this though. In the Vectra you have to fit a ccr600 from a pre facelift to a pre facelift and a ccr600 from a facelift to a facelift. The connection plugs are all the same but the wiring is different, how different i do not know. I gave up and sold it to a pre facelift owner.

Paul.
    Astra 2.2 SRI Black Saphire
    Irmscher parts include: Alu gear & handbrake covers, chrome rings, pedals, door buttons and armrest.
    Other mods: Gun metal grey centre console,ashtray, gear surround,4 disc cd holder.