Thread: Drag racing in Need for Speed underground

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Drag racing in Need for Speed underground

I'm competing with a friend in this and am just wondering if anyone knows the best technique using a car with NOS. I use it after changing into gears 3 and 4 to push it up to the higher revs so can accelerate faster and change up a gear. My friend uses it when he's in gear 5 going near max speed so he can attain a much faster speed? What's the best way?

Also, it seems as though there is a concept of drafting. Being behind a car slowly pulls you towards that car and you are able to sling shot past it. Does anyone have any technique for this too? Thanks for the help

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i use nos as soon i have changed to gear 5 so i can increase speed with out needing to change gears half way through the burst as 5th gear takes longer to get through than anything lower. also if u max ur revs out with it ur engine is likly to get to hot and will then blow and u will be ****ed, unless u pay close attention of course :shock:

if there is drafting that can be used in the drag races then use it, i cant remember if it is there or not as i only rented the game, just sit behind them for as long as u can to get the maximum speed from whoever u are about to over take, it wont work for normal motorists as u will be going 3times their speed, realy the best technique is to get every gear change as perfect as possible, eg on the green light,
    hoped that helped

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yes use drafting - you dont even have to be too close to the car infront for it to start working and is the only way you will win some races.
    Skuzzle - Powered by Badgerbyte Web & IT Services

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    make sure u dont total
    drives zafira dti, astravan sportive

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    basic things are, in drag racing u dont need to steer, just tap left right to move about. I always save nos till 4th 5th gears, nos it JUST before changing up, let go, change up, quick blast of nos and accellerate, nos it again just before u change up, etc etc. seems to work for me, and a good start is always a winner! (I like to bounce it at mid revs and just let it drop slightly ready to floor it just as it changes to GO)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i use it in 2nd onwards, just a blip at the end of each gears to get the revs up quicker and I have had times as low as 23 seconds.