Thread: Pot holes

Status
    ex 'titanturbo'
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pot holes

Just finished work for 2 weeks totaly buzzing.Pulled out of work at 10.Set off up road and i had to swirve to miss a pot but didn,t see the second hole and bang tyre gone.I,ve just stopped swearing.I only live about a mile from work so in mornning going down with camera so i need to know who do i have a slanging match with council or highways.Anyone been there.Advice welcome. :shock: :x

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i'm sure i read a similar post in the lst couple of days with all the details on, maybe do a search fella.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    basicly you need to get some one else to report it, then after two days if it hasnt been fixed then you have a valid claim

you may find some one else has already reported it, but be on the safe side and get some one to report it

also take a pic of it with something like a can of coke in it to show the depth and also get pics of the damaged wheel/tyre

by law they have two working days to fix it from the first report
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no just take lots of photos with measurements ( have a ruler and take pics of depth and size of hole) photograph the damage to the wheel, and write a nice letter, ( i have one i have used if you dont live near me.) say u have low profile tyres that are fully road legal they passed the mot as they are, contact the council by ohone ask for the claims department, they will put u on to th eperson who deals with claims against council, they normall ask for the letter with pics, then get onto insurance company (theirs) if they admit liability, basically not fixing thr hole as long as u didnt cause it. if a company has dug it they pass it on, takes longer.

thne u get the cash after a struggle

good luck I have done it twice and won both times

Status
    Going Topless!
    Drives
    Astra 1.8 Twintop, Lotus Carlton, Meriva VXR and Nova
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I've got a simular problem.
    I was going to work through some road resurfacing work. NO RAMP SIGNS. Big ramps!!!
    I buckled one front rim, dented the other.
    Council deny any negligence. I've got three witnessess, no photos.

lloydr, has given you spot on advice. GET PHOTOs (very important) It would have made my case easier.

Just to give you some sort of time scale. Did mine 8th Jan 2003. Going to court 26th Feb 2004. Yep 414 days later.

DON'T GIVE UP!
    If i was to go through my case again.
    My first letter would be a complaint,
    they will reply giving you there insurance company details,
    i would then write to there insurance company asking for a quick conclusion to the matter, or you will proceed through the small claims court within 2 months.

Keep us informed. If you want any help PM/e-mail me.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I damaged an alloy and after lots of shouting, the council paid for it.

As mentioned, the council needs to know about it from previous complaints as it gives them a chance to fix it. If they know about it and have not fixed it, you've got a valid claim.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenlcroucher
    I damaged an alloy and after lots of shouting, the council paid for it.

As mentioned, the council needs to know about it from previous complaints as it gives them a chance to fix it. If they know about it and have not fixed it, you've got a valid claim.
    I work for the council (I.T) and we have a highways desk, and the amount of complaints they have about scuffed alloys is stupid. SOme guy tryed to claim when the pothole was 1cm deep tho :roll:
    Richie Rich - The Resident P.I.M.P
    "Pimp-Izzle-Fizzle"
    Arden Blue MK4 GSi Turbo

Status
    ex 'titanturbo'
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Been down this morning with camera.Guess what holes have been filled in.Now i,m trying to get new tyres fitted and thats not easy on chrismas eve.I,m now waiting for wife to finish work so i can kick the s..t out her to make me feel better.lol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I thought about claiming off council/police for my split bumper, as the police man forced me to mount grass verge to avoid an accident, explained to him my cars not lowered but it simply wont clear that grass, he told me I must do it or he'll book me and i'd be holdin up traffic etc, very well, proceeded to mount verge, CRACK, bumper split. cop: "i didnt hear anythin, looks fine to me, now move along"

Didnt bother tho, too much hassle trying to claim off ppl, cars away now anyway.

maybe u can clarify this one ritchie, if on standard suspension and factory option bodykit, went over a speedbump and it scraped and or ripped off a part or just snapped it or damage or somesort, would council be at fault for a stupidly high speedbump or what?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adamSXi
    maybe u can clarify this one ritchie, if on standard suspension and factory option bodykit, went over a speedbump and it scraped and or ripped off a part or just snapped it or damage or somesort, would council be at fault for a stupidly high speedbump or what?
    Spoken to Alex (A mate on 'Council Highways') He said if the car is not lowered and has standard irmy bodykit you should claim for it. In fact dont even tell them you have put an irmy kit on, say it came with the car when purchased. You should be able to claim for this. Usually councils only give a shit about buses and old people cars which are like +100mm So this will teach them a lesson.
    Richie Rich - The Resident P.I.M.P
    "Pimp-Izzle-Fizzle"
    Arden Blue MK4 GSi Turbo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast