Thread: Adjusting factory fitted xenon lights

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Adjusting factory fitted xenon lights

I've noticed that the xenon lights have a weird lighting pattern on the ground. It doesn't shine that far ahead of the car but it is quite wide. Also right in front of the car where the light reaches, there is a patch where there is no light. kind of like a wedge with the pointy bit nearer the car. Probably easier if I draw a picture on the computer but don't know where to upload the images. Anyone got any ideas if this is normal or if they need to be adjusted.

I'm guessing xenon lights need to be adjusted professionaly, can anyone confirm this? Thanks[/img]

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    In a RHD world, headlights should be like a

\__ shape

This is the opposite to LHD cars. Factory HID should have a leveller fitted so you shouldn't really need to adjust them unless it is way out of alignment.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah I think this is what each of the lights are doing but there is a small gap between where the lights hit the floor. I just doesn't seem like the reach out that far in front of the car. Anyone else who have these on their car who can let me know what they are like on there's? Thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    that's astra lights in general. my coupe lights are as useful as birthday cake candles.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My Xenons are brilliant! From the sound of it you should get yours adjusted at a dealer. My self-leveling sensor failed and had to be replaced. Apparently the sensor is on the rear axle. I tried to adjust mine before I know it was the sensor, but I made a dogs dinner of it You can do it by using an allen key (4mm I think)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GazH
    My Xenons are brilliant! From the sound of it you should get yours adjusted at a dealer. My self-leveling sensor failed and had to be replaced. Apparently the sensor is on the rear axle. I tried to adjust mine before I know it was the sensor, but I made a dogs dinner of it You can do it by using an allen key (4mm I think)
    Thanks for that....will take it into Vauxhall dealer. Will they charge me for having it adjusted? I'm hoping it would be covered under warranty

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mshah
    Yeah I think this is what each of the lights are doing but there is a small gap between where the lights hit the floor. I just doesn't seem like the reach out that far in front of the car. Anyone else who have these on their car who can let me know what they are like on there's? Thanks
    On the right headlight, where the \ meets the _ bit of the beam, there is actually a dark spot (at least on the halogen). I'll put it down to design problems though the left headlight shows no signs of that. Also on the right headlight, the horizontal cut off isn't very precise and there is a faint beam above it. I'm not sure if that is there so that road signs (like overhead signs) can be reflected back whilst not being overly strong to blind oncoming traffic.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmellyTofu

\__ shape

This is the opposite to LHD cars. Factory HID should have a leveller fitted so you shouldn't really need to adjust them unless it is way out of alignment.
    I checked my lights out properly today and it seems as though they are like this:
    ___ ___
    \ \| \
    | |

Kinda weird but that's what it looks like

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mshah
    Quote Originally Posted by SmellyTofu

\__ shape

I checked my lights out properly today and it seems as though they are like this:
    ___ ___
    \ \| \
    | |

Kinda weird but that's what it looks like
    Ok that's not how it looks, the posting took away all my white space

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There is an adjuster at the top of the lights near the wing , it looks like a hex key with a cog on it. That does the man adjust.
    Live Your Dreams & Face your fears

Drives Astra GSI Turbo (Take II)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast