Thread: Car programmes.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Car programmes.

After watching all the car progs like fifth gear, and driven etc, whenever they do a head to head with hot hatchs, e.g focus RS, cupra, golf etc, the astra is never on there, why??????...l class the SRI turbo, and the GSI as hot hatches, and they look the best IMO!!!!!

Rant over!
    SOLD Slightly tickled 175.9bhp 2.2 SE2 on 19" vxr's..

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I suppose most think along the lines of Jeremy Clarkson and his 'your Geography teacher would buy an Astra' mentality so they're just not hip enough to include. Always makes me chuckle when they blather on about some lastest trendsetter or classic from the past being blindingly quick etc when figures wise the Turbo Astras match/beat it..

Jonathan

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    But the hot hatches are not all bout speed, the looks to a car are the most important to me, as l've banned a few times, so l have learned my lesson on that score.

Look at the cupra, no offence to anyone that has one, but l think they look awful, same as focus. The golf looks ok, but l dont like the way they look so old and basic on the inside.

The Astra is one of most best looking hatches/coupes around.
    SOLD Slightly tickled 175.9bhp 2.2 SE2 on 19" vxr's..

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yep - you're right, looks are vital but that is possibly where they feel the Astra loses out again. I think Vauxhall kept the appearance of the Mk2,3 and 4 GSi's quite understated but this is probably the main reason I have loved them - 'in yer face styling is just not my cuppa tea!!

At the end of the day Vauxhall just isn't 'hip'. BMW on the other hand could release their version of the Sinclair C5 and the entire motor press would be cooing over it.

I did see some car prog the other day (think it was Driven) testing the Peugeot 206CC, the Golf and Astra Cabriolets and the Astra won hands down.

Jonathan