Thread: What has helped fuel your intrest in modifing ure car??more

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What has helped fuel your intrest in modifing ure car??more

one part of my thesis is looking into what helps fuel our intrest in moddifing our car, ie magazines, websites, films etc!

What else has encouraged/helped you to do this?

What effect has this had on yourselfs? (eg increased knowledge)

ADMIN- What makes you set up a website and put in so much time and effort? (what has encouraged you to do this ie personal intrest/wanting to help other get into the scene etc)

Has it changed the types of car you look at purchaseing ie lots of mods available for a perticular model or does ths have no effect at the car you choose!!

Sorry to be a pain in the arse with all these questiones BUT i need your imput so my work isnt all my own view on it and ive got other poeples point ov view so ive got evidence of what im saying is correct or not correct, plus i can use them as quotes in my work!!!

hope you can help!!

cheers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my modding was greatly inspired by a work collegue.
    He had a modded nova and gave me tips to find stuff on the net.
    Skuzzle - Powered by Badgerbyte Web & IT Services

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Boardem nothing to do no projects to work on so here I am modding up the bitch mobile until I pass my test IF I pass that is.
    Simon Mk:3. One of the best mk:3's in the south

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My brother is my biggest influence.. He has always liked cars and i have always liked them, well did when i was younger because it was interesting.

I setup astra-sport because when i first got my astra there was only mig-web and that wasnt just for astras. I set it up on a freenetname account in 2001, then Mat turned up on the scene in early 2002 i think and he was very helpful. It has gradually grown and changed as some of you who have been here from the start know (autosparks, liam, Mike Cloke etc..)
    Mat mostly runs the message board now as its too much for one person to do alone, He puts a lot into the site so i would say it is both of ours.
    It has gone from strength to strength in a very short space of time, out growing 2 servers!!
    The future of astra-sport is a good one, things like the events this weekend help place the site in good standings next to other established clubs. Also having a good show season has helped, for our first i think it has been brilliant with a lot of support from the friendly userbase and from the reliable moderating team.

too much sense from me...

now then, wheres astra-sri!?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Always been into modding, just liked playing with cars.

Also mat and rob didn't help by setting up this site as i've gone a bit stupid thanks to them.

Now I can't stop till everything is done to the car that I want done :roll:
    Cant Think of Anything Funny To Say

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah i know the feeling but the thing is the car is never complete - however much you say to yourself this is the last mod and its finished you still do more
    Skuzzle - Powered by Badgerbyte Web & IT Services

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    weve caused a worldwide epidemic! well one in portsmouth anyway!!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Always have had a love for cars from a very very young age. Throughout my child hood I have followed certain crazes with cars from hot rods to hot hatches, one that did lead me onto the modifiying scene was, Volkswagen Beetles and custimisation of. I loved the scene so much and the whole essencne of customising your car to a standard of total distingsion.

As I got into my late teens this grew into hot hatches and the modification of hot hatchesand normal every day cars.
    Magazines and shows really brought me totally into it.

Hope it makes sense

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    in what way has the websites encouraged you? Is it because you see other examples of what could be done, or is it due to being part of something that happens to include/help your interest. In the way in which its like a comunity which has the same intrests so ure able to meet people etc, does this encourage you?? Being part of something??
    ie do you think people now purposly mod there cars so they can experiance the meeting people side of things and being part of a group rather than for there personall pleasure but instead to show others, or do u think its a natural progression to do more in respect of others for any kind of intrest

Getting a bit hardcore now!!
    Cheers everyone

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my 1st BF was really into cars.......i started from there and got worse and worse and worse and worse and worse and worse...........im a car nut....... :roll:

Most of it is because im a girl too and girls apparently know shite abt cars and how to mod them......yeah whatever :shock: :roll:

This site aint much good for me cos its abt astras
    http://mig2.lathwood.co.uk/upload/m/...type-r_sig.jpg
    treat others as you wish to be treated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast