Thread: Where can i get a sheet of perspex?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Where can i get a sheet of perspex?

i need a thin sheet to make a window in my boot floor, just wondering where will sell this thanks.
    Cheers Rich.
    http://images.fotopic.net/?iid=yfn4l...x=400&oq=0
    North East Regional OrganiserClickHERE For The Regional Forum!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anywhere like Travis Perkins or Focus or B&Q

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

perspex

how much do you want and what thickness? I might have a bit lying around.
    cheers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well the idea was to buy a fith coupe se wheel for a spare then incorporate it into my new boot build as a feature using the perspex as a window and the spare wheel well illuminated so what will work best for that.

i like the way robs boot is set out and want to create something along those lines, although rob has an amp above the spare and iam probably looking to use two subs rather than three with an amp in a small window in the area of his smaller subs.

i can easily construct a boot build to a high quailty although my knowledge of coverings is hopeless. ie looking at robs shelf it has a blue covering without a crease anywhere, what material is this? and how is it applied. i did aim to use white leatherette but i feel this will be a challenge to use in any tricky edges and corners.

ive been collecting info for ages now on different ways to go about installing some ice and now i just want to get on with it so if you have any help regarding my ramblings above fill me in!
    Cheers Rich.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    perspex windows are easy really, doesn't need to be thick as it isn't taking any weight. When I finally get round to doing my boot i'm gonna have perspex windows over the amps and the sub and then light it up with neons. Not sure about coverings really, I think I'm just gonna use the carpet they sell in halfords. Starts getting stupidly expensive if you use things like alcantera. One thing if your gonna have your spare on show, is the wheel well painted properly? I haven't checked in mine, but I know some cars they don't paint the well properly so you might want to think about that and maybe covering that somehow. If I can be any help give us a shout.
    cheers

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my wheel well is colour coded with the car with a perfect finish! someone clipped the back of my car not so long ago and my car went to an insurance garage where my mate works so he painted the boot floor for me!!
    Cheers Rich.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Leatherette is very easy to work with, Mat, a friend from home, RJ and myself all did the install at various stages (its had 4!!) you need some spray on mounting glue and a staple gun. I plan on changing mine soon..

I am lucky as i have the rag market in birmingham, but i am sure you will have something similar in newcastle. If you go to a fabric shop you can get the stuff or a Dunelm Mill if them have them up your way...

its easy to work with and to get good results so it doesnt look too blue peter!!

we did it by trial and error really! best way!!

hope this helps, if you need any photos or anything let me know

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers rob, i have already sourced a supplier so getting the stuff should be fine

can you show me some close up pics of how youve covered the parcel shelf, mainly the intrigate cut out area please. there are a few twists and turns that i need to get my head round as my logic screams creases!
    Cheers Rich.