Thread: focus RS, Overated?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

focus RS, Overated?

Got into a grudge match with a focas RS on Wednesday, the speed range was from standstill to about 120 i know i have the downpipe and air box mods but i had no problem keeping up its arse at all. The gearing is totally different though with him pulling away slightly then me catching up there was nothing in them if anything i had the slight edge and i was 3 up in the car to his 2, did look nice though..

The way that he and i were driving though, we were definatly out to prove ourselves, all good fun.
    Mk4 GSi, VXR Engine/gearbox, quaife LSD, Custom FMIC & Pipework, Piper 3" Ex, CS Garett turbo/manifold, 342bhp 365lbft - Sold replaced by 2007 RS4 Avant -also looking for spec blue mk3 ph1 GSI

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Power to weight about the same so you wouldn't see huge differences in a straight line. It would proberly out handle you tho.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Around a track it probably would because of the gsi's soft suspension but it does go to show that the rs is mainly rated so highly because of its rs badge , i personally dont think it is worth another 4k over the gsi
    Mk4 GSi, VXR Engine/gearbox, quaife LSD, Custom FMIC & Pipework, Piper 3" Ex, CS Garett turbo/manifold, 342bhp 365lbft - Sold replaced by 2007 RS4 Avant -also looking for spec blue mk3 ph1 GSI

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    For the extra 3 or 4K over an Astra YOU could have the trick diff, suspension upgrade (more of that later ) AND 250 BHP or more.

So Focus RS is really a load of dog poo, interior is distinctly Halfords/Ripspeed, the 18" wheels are off the shelf and according to my workmate (who had an ST170) make his RS tramline.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I beg to differ, but the RS is an excellent piece of kit in the right hands. The chassis is better than the Astras, without a doubt. Yes with the 4k difference you can make the Astra as good, but do not underestimate them, they are very nice !

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I agree with Steve but maybe im a bit byest towards vauxhall, but trust me when i say that we were going like nutters around roundabouts etc and i was right there with him.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    good man show the ford boys what vaux have got

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Focus RS is like any car of that nature, its gonna have a cult following of hardcore Ford nutters, my mates got one its his third performance Ford, but its down to personal pereference.
    If I had a choice of my car brand new at about £21K with the leather or the Focus at £20K, although they go for more now, I would choose the RS

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    focus rs in ford dealer in birkenhead for £23k!! thats about 9ks worth of mods on our gsi turbo

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm sure I'll get shunned for this but...the Focus RS with the 18s on will probably turn more heads...purely because of it's reputation even within the crowds that don't know much about them except...they're fast!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast