Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fitting Side Skirts

Hi folks,

I got some new irmscher side skirts today. Already painted and I have the wee clip things.

How do I go about fitting these ? How do I know which side is which ?

Many thanks
    im bored !

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You don't say whether it's a 3 or 5 door. I can only say for a 5 door but I can't think it would be that different. If I remember right you need 2 sets of clips. One is a kind of button clip which fits underneath, it has a mushroom head with a central rod, out of around 12 of these I managed to get the central rod out of around 4 of them. It's much easier to just push the rod right through the mushroom part and fit new ones, when you've got all the bottom ones out and the much smaller rear ones you can pull the side skirts off. Start at the bottom and just pull upwards, when they are removed you can see the innner clips. These are black and sort of like a very elongated figure 8. They slide onto little pegs on the inner sill. Most times these break when removing so it's a good idea to get new ones as well, they aren't dear. Fiiting is simple, position the skirt from the top down. As for which side is which the back section has a more square and bigger section on it, the front is more of a sloped box. That's the corner sections of the new skirts. When you've got the new skirts positioned press the middle of the new skirts to engage the inner clips, you'll hear them locate into place. I needed to hit the skirt hard with the heel of my hand to make sure it had engaged. After that go under the car and insert the new mushroom clips. You'll also find the little removable section of the rear of the old skirts doesn't fit anymore but the small mushroom clip is still needed. Close door really slowly to ensure nothing catches, might want to do this before inserting the bottom clips as well.

Hope you can understand that, it easier than it sounds.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Got them fitted today.

Really easy job.
    im bored !