Thread: familiar topic

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

familiar topic

ok had my concept 300 fitted today with the motion sensor and window closure....but it kept going of radomly!!! phoned the guy up and he told me to cut a blue wire on the motion sensor as this was the wire which was making it overly sensitive when i parked on a slope. the alarm seems to be fine now but im a little disouraged by this 'cut the blue wire' jobby!

anyone know of this over sensitive prob???

also ordered my alloys today!!!! not as happy as i thought i would be because i couldnt get the team dynamics diablos or the wolfrace urban racer or the league katana or any other wheel i really wanted!!!! i settled for the PA 2's which seem nice enough and they should compliment my white astra quite well! anyone here with pics of the PA 2's on thier car???

cheers.....
    K
    E Z ....

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Sorry but if it was fitted by a good company they should come out and sort it all them selves rather than telling you what to do.

I don't know about clifford alarms but on most the one's I fit the blue wire is the trigger so it may be that the sensor isn't even working now

Worth a check
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Surely by cutting the wire, this function will be disabled totally now?

Make them come out and fix it because I most definitely wouldn' be happy with that kind of after-sales service!

Where did you order your alloys from? If it's a website can you let me know as I need to order some myself but can't find a good enough company really that sell a certain wheel I want.
    :: Computer repairs, Upgrades and Sales in the Greater Manchester Area ::

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wheelbase in oldham seemed a reasonalbly good place. If they dont have what you want in stock they order it from the manufacturer, in fact this is normal practise so you get the perfect fittment. To Just not do a perticular wheel seems a bit odd? :shock:

http://www.wheel-base.co.uk/site/

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers for that. I've heard of wheelbase before but didn't realise they were so local!

They sell the wheels I want so will get in touch with them.
    :: Computer repairs, Upgrades and Sales in the Greater Manchester Area ::

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No problem good buddy! glad to help

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i ordered mine from www.performancealloys.com they are based in ireland....helpful aswell, they checked and sent me a list of all the alloys that are in stock and fit on my car!

gonna fit my alloys when they come so il test the tilt motion sensor if it doesnt work ill call the dude back out. its a lifetime garentee so ill keep calling till its pucker!!
    E Z ....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: familiar topic

Quote Originally Posted by K Special
    phoned the guy up and he told me to cut a blue wire on the motion sensor as this was the wire which was making it overly sensitive when i parked on a slope.
    WTF!!!! I would not be at all happy with that, it sounds like you have just dissabled a sensor (possibly even invalidated the CAT1 status of the alarm :?: ) I would contact Clifford and ask them if this person is an authorised dealer and tell them what he told you to do!

IMHO I would not be happy :roll:

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Man, go and get that sorted out. Cliffords are too expensive and too highly strung not to be set up properly.

You hear loads of nightmare stories about cliffords and anyone who knows about them will tell you they need to be installed properly or they'll give trouble. Phone up another clifford dealer (an authorised one) or head office and see if they'll shed some light on the blue wire.