Thread: GUTTED absalutly GUTTED !!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

GUTTED absalutly GUTTED !!!

i got pulled by an unmarked car last night, fixed penalty. 60 fine and 3 points !!! ******* haven't they got something ****ing usefull to do ? like catching muggers and rapists !!!! i was driving down blackpool road in preston, past the park, i was doing about 40 ( speedin i know but it was 10.30 at night !!) it's a really quiet stretch of road and should be at least 40, no houses around or ewt.

anyway he said he'd been following me at over 50mph down blackpool road, Bullshit !!! he was about 3-400 yards behind me and there was a 50cc moped tailgating me all the ****in way down that road !!!! he spent at least 25 minutes looking around my car, tyres, lights, exhaust, measured my sunstrip (said i could have gone an inch deeper lol !). but the first thing that he checked when he pulled me, was to see if the cat was still in ! :shock: then he said to me, "your lucky thats still in", i said why, and he said "i could have had your for 9 points if that wasn't in there! " :shock:

he checked my tread depth stupid git you can still see the nobbles on most of em, there only 3 months old !! and he went to grab one of the wheels, i said to him "wo i wouldn't be doing that if a were you " he just looked at me, grabbed the whel and went to see if it was loose, when he let go his hands were covered in tyre black lol !! i smiled and said " i tried to warn ya " ******* !!

so guys, he was on his own, had no camera in the car, just his speedo, no witnesses what so ever ( well apart from moped man !! that sped of when i got pulled !!!! )

he said i was doin 50, there no way i was doing over 40 . . .. so what do you suggest i do ?

1. just pay the fine and take the points ?
    2. produce documents and see about the drivers awarness course (2 day course, 90 but no points)
    or
    3. fill part 3 in on the fixed penalty and take him to cort ?

do i stand a chance in cort ???

cheers guys.

wiggy.
    If at first you don't succeed . . . . . . CHEAT !!!!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, remind me to never take my cat out! Yikes.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would seek advice from a solicitor and fight him in court, he hasn;t got proof you was speeding and he hasn't got a partner in the car to prove it. I would fight it if it was me, just to piss him off :P

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: GUTTED absalutly GUTTED !!!

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy
    . . .
    2. produce documents and see about the drivers awarness course (2 day course, 90 but no points)
    . . .

Sorry to hear about that, but this sounds like a good option !
    At least it means no points.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yer i`d go with the no points too

sorry to hear that like you say some people have nothing better to do

Mothers with teenagers know why animals eat their young

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I thought they had to have some method of proving you were speeding whether it be a radar gun or a 2nd Officer etc :?:

I'd go for the No points option too. Sounds like you were unlucky enough to encounter a bored copper. If you do decide to fight it don't do it just to piss him off because at the end of the day he isn't going to care one way or the other.
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cheers guys, i think it's a tossup between option 2 and 3. one of my mates, G/F's dad is a copper, he's a bit of a boy racer at heart and he's into his fast bike and stuff. fairly sound bloke, so im gonna ask him and see what he says.

Status
    Used to be a Gold Member
    but it fell off.
    Fortunately AndyH
    found the superglue...
    Mentioned in
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Sorry to here about ya mis-fortune mate, Unfortunatly if you go to court you proberably wont win any way as you were still speeding over 30mph. Suffer the cash, its better than havin 6points on ya licence... If you go to court and lose you will still have the outstanding fees to pay plus court and silicitor charges...I wouldn't bother, not worth the hassle....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    *Puts sensible hat on* The second option is the safest and best option . Best thing to do before rushing into things is talk to your GF's dad , see what he suggests .

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Man-Chun (M-Accessories)
    *Puts sensible hat on* The second option is the safest and best option . Best thing to do before rushing into things is talk to your GF's dad , see what he suggests .
    i agree about the second option man-chun, im gonna see what he has to say this weekend, and decide from there.

anything i could do to help my case if i end up going to court ?? anyone else experienced a similar thing ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast