Thread: Intake Mod.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Intake Mod.

Just thought I would share this with you all...

Already done are:
    1:Airbox de-restricted
    2: K&N panel filter

I did a power pipe and Bailey valve fitout. But in an unusal way. I had M-Acces frieght me the valve (Thanks!!) here to Oz. I got 20cm of silicone hose from a 'hose doctor' type of company for $12UK. I got the pipe from an exhaust company mandrel bent 50mm stainless steel for $12UK. Extra big hose clamps for $8UK. Put it together and DONE..!!!

Powerpipe install for $32UK plus valve...

[/img]

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I like that pipe m8 . Going to have to get one done myself . What have you noticed with the metal pipe instead of the rubber one?, from what i heard was a lot better response.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looking good!!

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looking good. Not sure on the position of the dump valve though. Should really be pointing downwards rather than off like that.

Other than that it seems excellent.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    LordNikon I was wondering if the power pipe is Mandrel bend or normal press bent :?:

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I believe it's mandrel bent. The pipe retains it's circular characteristics which apparently is a sign of mandrel bent ?

It is nice and smooth on the inside aswell, and is a larger bore at 60mm

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cool .

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just a couple of things. The metal pipe seemed to give smoother power output. Not so sudden. Might be my imagination though. :?

Also, according to a vernier caliper, the diameter of pipe i put on (50mm) is only slightly larger than the necks on the plenum and intercooler. I measured inside diameter in case you wondered.

So, if you consider that the necks are the point of smallest restriction, why the hell would you waste money on a 60mm pipe, when the necks are about 50 mm ?? You would loose pressure going from a small restriction to a large one. Please correct me if I am wrong.

For me ?? The jury is out....... Might look good, but I am not covinced that it is an awesome mod.... I wanted to do it, but was not prepared to spend megadollars doing it.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The 60mm pipe work is in place for the larger intercooler in the future. You would not loose pressure from go up to 60mm from 50mm, the whole idea is for it to flow more air in it's capacity. Larger pipework = larger capacity.

Not saying yours is bad, or mine is great, I agree it probably doesn't make much difference, and mainly looks better IMO.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xerodude
    Just a couple of things. The metal pipe seemed to give smoother power output. Not so sudden. Might be my imagination though. :?

Also, according to a vernier caliper, the diameter of pipe i put on (50mm) is only slightly larger than the necks on the plenum and intercooler. I measured inside diameter in case you wondered.

So, if you consider that the necks are the point of smallest restriction, why the hell would you waste money on a 60mm pipe, when the necks are about 50 mm ?? You would loose pressure going from a small restriction to a large one. Please correct me if I am wrong.

For me ?? The jury is out....... Might look good, but I am not covinced that it is an awesome mod.... I wanted to do it, but was not prepared to spend megadollars doing it.
    I don't really know much about air flow calculations so can't really comment on weather having the 60mm pipe is better or not. Going to have to find more info on this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast