Thread: Curbed Alloy

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Curbed Alloy

I have a '52 Astra Sri which is a 2003 facelift model and I have curbed an alloy today. REALLY annoyed and still am. It's only small so thinking of having it repaired.

The reason I gave the spec of my car is does anyone know how much a new wheel would be from Vauxhall or is it best to just get it repaired?

I've heard of repair kits at halfords, but don't know if these would be effective.

Also, anyone know of any repair places in the Reading area?

Status
    In House Designer
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    there is a very good alloy repair place in Reading, can't remember what it's called tho? it's over by the jag garage near the stadium.. maybe mat can remember if hes online?

:?
    Visit our-formats.com for creative design services

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder where that is then? I know the area quite well. I know of Elite wheels near me but don't know what they are like.

Am I right in thinking about £50? Absolutely gutted I done this. I'm so annoyed with myself. It was driving through one of those sodding narrow roads where they put a bollard in the middle of the road so you have about a 3ft wide gap to get through.

Status
    In House Designer
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    annoying isn't it

i think the place is down on of those side roads near the jag garage, quite a few industiral roads down there. sorry can't be more helpfull.

yeah Reading are starting to take the piss with their roads and 'traffic calming' messures! some roads you have to weave all over the place around bollards and humps?! what the hell is that all about, how does making the road very narrow make it safer?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I know. I intend to get out of Reading soon as driving just isn't fun anymore. Traffic, bumps in roads, bollards to try to get through, pot holes. It's just horrible.

Status
    In House Designer
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    not to mention the rush hour which lasts from 3.30pm untill 7.00pm, which basically means your suck on which ever side of the river your currently on :?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    One of my alloys is away being repaired as we speak. Its at a place called Adlington Alloys just north of Wigan. I bought my car 3 months old and it already had a few kurb marks so im getting em sorted now before the winter road salt attacks em.

£25 a wheel is the price we agreed and the one ive got back is such a good job I dont know which of the un-kurb'd alloys it is? Not bad ehh! When I first mentioned having the wheels repaired and if anyone knew the paint code a couple of people reconed it was cheeper to buy a new wheel? Well, find me a new 17" SE1 wheel for £25 :roll:

I realise its no-where near london so no good to you, but I thought you could use the price as a guide for your own repairs. In fact I bet the halfords kit costs more than £25.

Status
    Sir Peter Pan
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There`s Lepson`s in Gillingham Kent, who will collect, refurb and deliver, I had a set of 4 17" TSW Imolas, tyres on, done 2 years ago, for £160.

Just had 1. 8 x 18 Dark Chrome refurb`d for £70 cash (no vat)

Both jobs were excellent definitely go to them again
    My Project Auto-Biography Thread: Skin of an Astra - Heart of a Monaro - Click here to read more!