Thread: Another Alarm System - Is It Possible?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Another Alarm System - Is It Possible?

Is it possible to have another alarm system fitted, when there is already a factory fit alarm system?

Clifford seem to be mentioned a lot, the Concept 300 looks quite good. If I was to go for something like this would it be able to interface properly with the standard Vauxhall features like deadlocking etc? Has anybody done something like this already?

Any advise appreciated on this one!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a clifford concept 300 fitted to my car,

So yes it is possible to fit an after market alarm to a car with an alarm fitted already, apparently if you have an alarm already it makes fitting 10 times easier. My vaux alarm is still functional but I dont use it. I suppose you could have it disconnected if you want. i jus dont use it anymore.

Im sure the car no longer use's the deadlock as you had to press the remote key twice in order to deadlock the doors. Im sure it jus locks the doors and arms the alarm.

Tony
    Sold my astra!!! Will be driving a BSM corsa soon!! Then a MK5 VXR Mmmmmm............

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    If done properly the dead locks will lock as well, make sure who ever is fitting this makes the dead locks work as it is very very easy to get in an astra G without them on!!
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What bits and pieces are visible inside the car? I've seen pictures of the LED mounted on what looks like a big button! Is the interior movement sensor Cliffords way of wording ultrasonics, or is it something different?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the only bits visible in mine is the flashing red light in the centre console next to the keypad for entering the valet code.
    And the sensor on the window u cant see anything else.

Tony
    Sold my astra!!! Will be driving a BSM corsa soon!! Then a MK5 VXR Mmmmmm............

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the only bits visible in mine is the flashing red light in the centre console next to the keypad for entering the valet code.
    And the sensor on the window u cant see anything else.

Tony

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Didn’t know about the Keypad, I imagine they should be able to fit it anywhere you want within reason? So there are no ultrasonic units like normal alarms have, just a unit that sticks on the window? Is it very noticeable?

Sorry for all the questions, I really appreciate all the info to help me make a decision.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There is a proximety sensor also but its not on show. This can be adjusted. As in if its on its highest setting and someone walks up to the car then the alarm will sound. This is hidden out of view tho.

The sensor on the window is about an inch square with a small aerial coming outta the top of it, its about 5 - 6 inches long.
    Mine sits at the very top of the windscreen on the passenger side. It is noticable but u get used to it.

I dont know what model astra u have but on mine I have the flashing led one sode of the traction control button and the keypad the other side. Its only a small 2 button keypad for changing ur features and things.

Tony

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Doesn't sound too bad, like you say, you get used to it. Shame there's no where else they can hide it.

Anyone heard of Autowatch alarms? Their systems seem to be a reasonable spec, you can add warn away sensors, and a pager.