Thread: Couple of questions

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Couple of questions

One question I don't think has been asked before, or I might've missed it, With the badges on the back the Opel/Vauxhall/Holden Circular badge is held in place by pins right? What's the easiest way to fill those holes up after the badges are removed?

Another question, I want to hook up neons in the footwells to go off when the car doors are open, is the only way to connect it to the switch on the lights on the inside of the roof?(Not sure what they're called, I'm sure you get what I mean though) Or is there another way?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The easiest way to fill the holes after taking the badges off is to use Plasticine. It will look sh1te however, so the only other option is to have them filled (preferably welded) and get the tailgate resprayed. If you want to smoother the rear end cheaper, either replace the Griffin with the small Irmscher i logo or remove the Griffin, respray it body colour and refit it. It will blend in a lot more then.

As regard the interior lights, I am assuming it is a typo and you want the lights to come on WITH the doors open? The wiring loom to the front interior lights runs down the left hand side a pillar, so in theory you should be able to break the loom at the bottom of the dash and connect in there. When I fitted my footwell LED lighting kits I've found it is simpler to connect at the light in the roof, as breaking into the loom can mean it won't go back in behind the trim panels afterwards

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yea, that was a kinda typo, thinking something and typing something else :P

Anyway, yea I was gonna hook it up to the light on the roof running the wire up the A-pillar.... Any chance of a photo of where to connect the wire to(for switch)? And did you use a relay?