Thread: Spraying Advice

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Spraying Advice

I've had to respray small sections of my front bumper due to damage. I have done about 5 undercoats and 5 top coats. Whats the next stage? How do I get the newly painted bit to match up with the old original stuff? Do i rub down the edges to smooth it and then apply laquer? I wanna do it right this time!

Thanks.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    its hard to say with out looking at the bumper on how far u are with it, i do a lot of spraying as a hobby,eg) my mates cars and my own. once u have applied the under coat u will see if there is any bits that need work, eg, if the part u are spraying has a outline eg, a lip around the affected airea, if so than u need to sand until it is gone with wet and dry paper then build the under coat up so the serface is even , no outlines or edges, then u can apply the top coat, if it is mattalic paint u will need to blend the paint over a bit more than the affected airea, once u are happy that tit is all looking good then u can apply the lacquer, then u will need to apply polish to smooth it all out and crate a good finish, hope that helps
    my name is james dean and i have a mk4 astra 2.0 sri, standard at the mo only got it a week ago. hello to all the vauxhall lads. fords are cr*p

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ask skuzzle, he's an expert
    Cant Think of Anything Funny To Say