Thread: Gsi suspension struts

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gsi suspension struts

Just bought some second hand Gsi struts to go on my 1.8 Astra G 5 door. I've been informed that these sit 15mm lower than the Sri and Sxi. This would mean they sit 35mm lower than the OE struts on my car as I believe the Sxi & Sri use sport suspension which are already 20mm lower than mine. I presume this is right?

I've also been informed that the Gsi struts are different from the normal models struts as these are on the limit at around 35mm lower, the Gsi ones will go lower, I don't really want to go lower than 40mm to be honest as my car is regularly full and can't stand cars which rub or bottom out. I'm thinking of replacing the springs with a decent aftermarket set but I really want blue springs which seem to be hard to come by, any one know a decent make of spring which are blue and come in a 35-40mm drop. Is the assumption I'm making regarding the Gsi struts correct? I'm going to strip the struts down and respray them before I fit them, maybe blue or yellow, might replace the strut rubbers with PVC ones if they show sign of perishing. Any other things anyone can suggest?
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    regading ur springs there is a bloke on migweb that will powdercoat anything that is metal and he has loads of different colour blues to choose from go on migweb in the parts for sale section and look for his add

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers m8, not sure about using him as it appears that he sand blasts everything and springs should be bead blasted. Got a few ideas about my rockerbox cover though off that post
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The poundage of those spring will be different to yours.
    Cant Think of Anything Funny To Say

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You'll be able to use those dampers with lower -60mm springs. This will be fine. Springs on there will be a different poundage to your standard 1.8 ones.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers guys, so I'd imagine the Gsi is slightly heavier than the Elegance. Any ideas on whose make of springs to get to suit my car and also be around 40mm lower than standard, I'd much prefer them to be blue as well if at all possible. Any makes come to mind NRJ or LordNikon? I can get Eibach springs for around £70 but they are black and only seem to come in 30mm and 45/55mm drops which is too high and too low respectively, I know PSS do blue springs but they don't seem to sell just lowering springs just full setups.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Eibach or good, and you won't see much of the spring as it will be up in the turret. My prings are Red and you can't see them !

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sparco do blue springs, get them from demon tweeks
    Cant Think of Anything Funny To Say

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers, I'll try Sparco and see what they are like I think.

Thanks again