Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selling My G, whats she worth!?? Anyone Interested??

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Selling My G, whats she worth!?? Anyone Interested??

As the title suggests im selling my car any ideas as to what shes worth, think some of you saw her at trax, for those who didnt I would post pics but cant for some reason as my comps knackered and wont upload anything!

Check out this link:

http://www.m1gst.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3875

Go down to Icy's post mine is the top car out of the pics!

If anyones interested E-mail me and I will post full specs, cheers.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You might find yourself in the same boat as GadgeSxi, he had to take a lot of the kit off the car in order to shift it, as he couldn't get the price he was after for it. Looks like a nice motor, you want to work out the total cost of the mods, as this is a good lever for getting the price up a bit (especially if you can pull out a ruck of receipts for a prospective buyer)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The dealer I bought the car off has a car in im interested in and has offered me the same amount as I paid for it a year a go but only if I leave it as is, as they said they would probably sell it in 24hours if not less, which I was quite happy about. But another dealer said they would prefer it standard if I was going to trade in so their maybe parts for sale!

However I would prefere to keep the car as is to sell on, personally I dont think its been badly modified so should appeal to a few people!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you take a car into a dealer they will tend to rip you off. A years depreciation is far less than the money you've put into the car (I saw it at Trax and it is tidy (potential buyers take note )) Try and sell it privately and get cash off the car you want from the dealer by offering no part ex.

My workmate put his wife's Tigra into a garage for cash, so they gave him 'top book'. It is now in the same garage, with a warranty for £1200 more than the dealer gave him. Be wary of 'decent' offers from car dealers, a warranty like they give out can be bought for under £200, so £1000 is a decent profit to stick 12 months ticket on a car (which would sail through anyway) and a valet.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I would prob be interested in your front bumper of you are selling.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Will let you know but your not the only one!

Basically depends if the car ends up being put back to standard or not and also if can get the car that I want sometime soon.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When dealing with potential buyers make sure thy have checked the insurance out. Modified cars tend to be a little more expensive, even though we look after our cars better!

But it can put off some potential buyers, as they assume it might cost the earth to insure. Might be worth getting some insurance quotes prepared so you can show possible buyers what the cost of insurance will be.
    Astra Mk5 VXR
    Astra Mk4 SRi 2.2 16v

Vauxhall Sports Car Club, Regional Organiser - Northamptonshire

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Very nice indeed, let me know a price cos i have a mate who is intrested in getting a G with some kit already on it
    Ibiza FR CR TDI with 203 BHP

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A16 will PM you the details of the spec of the car.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You also need to watch out for muppets and tyre kickers if you sell privately. I gave in my Megane for part ex and sold all the bits off it seperately because I was sick of stupid boy racers trying to get test drives. Two of the trail of muppets that I had to deal with also wanted me to take their cars in part exchange (a rotting 1.3 SR two stroke Nova and an XR2i that looked like he had repainted it with a firework in a tin of paint :shock: :shock: )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast