Thread: Hypothetical Question ...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hypothetical Question ...

Just a hypothetical question. Not that I would keep my car for this long.

I got my car on HP in 06/02 with repayments for 48 months. Which means I would finish paying for the car in 06/06. My car is a Mk4 1.6 8v Astra and it is an S reg which means come 2006 it would be 8 years old. It would have approx 106,786 miles on the clock come this time with the milage I cover each year. It would still be in good condition and regularly serviced with MOT.

My hypothetical question to you is ... come June 2006, taking all the above into account, how much do you think my car would be worth?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Going by the current residuals of the equivalent MK3s at the moment...an eight year old car..probably £1000 to £1500 for a good one?

Can't be certain though.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think a lot depends how much the new astra H sells for. I had a corsa b sxi and i think they sold for about £10.500 when they came out. Then the corsa C sxi was relesaed for £9.500, which instantly knocked the value of my car right down.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ive got a 5 year finance agreement

thats why ive decided not to mod it any further, will probably end up cutting my losses and handing it back half way through the agreement and get something else. im never getting into a 5 year finance agreement again
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Add d dave on Facebook
    Am only in a 4 year agreement and Jan 04 is my last payment
    Scottish Member? Have a peep at our Region For tints or wraps Click Here!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got one more payment to make before I can hand the car back and owe nothing more. There's no way I'm keeping this car till 2006 ... well waste of money. Especially if I spend over £7k on finance over 4 years, and I'll only be able to sell the car for £1-1.5k ... :x So hopefully I'll be getting something else soon.

I'm confused whether to get another Astra or go to a complete different marque all together. Seen some tasty BMW's ... but not sure. What do you reck?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im going to get a cheaper car next and finish the agreement over a year or 2 so that i can build up some equity in cars coz ive lost any i had now. (im a student and thats why i had to keep the payments down.)

i was thinking about a cheapish BMW next, solid and wont loose much cash over a year or 2. running costs will be more than the astra tho.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    not sure m8, i got mine in jan this year, and had the finance over 4yrs but because they charge so much interest hopefully i should be able to pay it off in july next year, thats when the major mods will be coming, but until then

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Depends on how much you like your car.

I'm aiming to keep mine for a long time, nice to start with a car that you know the history of.

As for values in the years to come, it's never gonna be worth what you think it will.

Best to bite the bullet, mod the car, enjoy the car the strip the good bits and sell it and start all over again !

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Think I have only got year left on mine. Still aint made my mind up if its going and coupe or GSI to replace it or strip it and rebuild it into a proper weapon, making it a weapon would be cheaper than buying a GSI but not much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast