Thread: OVER FUELING ?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OVER FUELING ?

morning all, i had a cat back system fitted by powerflow last monday, i put £20 worth of fuel in on the way home from powerflow had about 1/4 of a tank of juice in the beast so it near enough filled the tank. i've done 130 miles and its back on 1/4 of a tank !!! so i you can roughly say that i only got 130 miles out of £20 !!!!! i normally get about 160-170, didnt think the exhaust would have made that much differance !!!

so its either the zorst, a petrol leak (havent noticed one, cant smell it) or i've burnt a valve seat or valve guide out !!! car still runnin fine, except i noticed a bit of blue smoke out the zorst when i started it up from cold the other day . . but i'd just washed it, maybe just water out the zorst ?? and i was sat at the traffic lights last night and the revs dropped to about 300-400rpm and then went back to 900, then droped again, it did this a couple of times and then went back to its normal idle, i claened the throttle body out with some carb cleaner when i got home, that has seemed to have cured the old sticking throttle at low revs, bucking bronko business !!

any suggestions where my fuel is going ?? :? !

cheers

wiggy.
    If at first you don't succeed . . . . . . CHEAT !!!!!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    did you fill up from a different petrol station, different prices on fuel
    Cant Think of Anything Funny To Say

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i checked my petrol receipt and the petrol was the same price as my usual petrol station . . . but i was sat a 125 for about 20 miles down the motorway !! :shock:

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i bet you been revvin' the bollox off it just to listen to your new zorst. dont deny it - i still do with mine - lol
    Skuzzle - Powered by Badgerbyte Web & IT Services

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lol !! no more than usual though i filled up the other day, just as the light came on, so when it comes on again ill check the trip counter and work it out again, i used to get about 29 to the gallon, recon im only getting about 20 now !!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you must rip the arse of your car to only get about 160 out 20 quid normally on a 1.4!

...good lad
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    you will honestly find that you are using more fuel due to the fact thatyour are driving a bit quicker and revving up to listen to the zorst even if you are aware of it or not.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well most of the time im racing my mates, so hardly ever change below 6k !!!!! :shock:

in fact, the only time i take it easy is on the way to work in the morning, about 4 miles a day, the rest of the milage ive put on the car have been pretty harsh miles !!

i need to start taking it easy, its gonna blow up sooner or later ! im contemplating dropping a 2.0 in the beast, but cant really afford it yet !

i'll calculate the mpg figures when the petrol light comes back on and compare it to the figures i have from before i had the zorst fitted.