Thread: Car Wax Test

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Car Wax Test

Found this link to an interesting car wax test.

Rates some new polish called Zaino's.

Zymol's cheaper polish is also rated highly and better than Meguiar's.

Think the Zymol is the same as the £12 Cleaner Wax you can get from Halfords.

Check it out :- http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html

Regds,

Mantamagic

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I use zymol as well as Meguars and auto glym and Meguars is is better than zymol as its easy to put on take off and the shine aint much different. Zymol seamt to mask light scratches not remove them. good polish zymol is just very hard work to apply take off ect. but the finish is very good, but tbh you can never beat auto glym best results by far imo, and I clean my car 4-5 times a week average it a t 3-4.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i started off using meguiars, then swopped to auto glym, i think that Meguiars gold class leaves the best finish as auto glym can be slightley chalky!
    just bought Zymol auto wash and its amazing, used that with some trade polish atthe weekend and the cars never shinned so much in all its life!!
    http://www.muchos.co.uk/members/hazm...ow%20front.JPG

sólo espacio para uno de nosotros, nos movemos a mi amigo

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The latest Which! report tests a number of polishes, with Zymol being one of the only one's giving protection after 3 months.

I trust Zymol products more than any other, as they only contain natural ingredients.

The auto wash and Cleaner wax are all you need compared to the 6 Meguiar Products!

After polishing you can run your finger over the surface and it feels very smooth just like a skittle. (After all Skittles are coated in Carnuba Wax!).

I will never buy Autoglym again. Their shampoo is very poor compared to others although the Super Resin Polish is good at removing scratches. (But that's only because it is abrasive, unlike Zymol which is not)

Regds,

Mantamagic

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Got to agree with you on the auto glym shampoo, not a very good shampoo at all. But as for Zymol I was impressed but I still would prefer to use auto glym resin polish with a top gloss protection after. I think each and every product has there pros and cons and appeal to various customers who will swear buy a brand. But a lot of how good a product is, is down to how its applyied, Rushed on and not polished off right and not replenasing the coat regular aint gonna give you a good deep long lasting shine at all.. One thing about zymol cleaner wax, it smells wonder full.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So it Autoglym Super Resin stuff not good to use every month? Because I do. So guys, tell me...

What is the best shampoo to use:

Best Polish/Wax?
    Richie Rich - The Resident P.I.M.P
    "Pimp-Izzle-Fizzle"
    Arden Blue MK4 GSi Turbo

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    With any polish that contains an abrasive should not be used as a regular polish as it takes a very fine layer of paint/laquer off every time you use it, This is how swirl marks and scratches are removed. Zymol Cleaner wax is only recomended to be use a maxium of 4-6 times a year. IMO Auto glym super resin polish aint got that much abrasives in it. What I would recomend is to use something like Auto glym Super resin polish then use a Gloss protectant. then carry on using this as it has no abrasives. Then every couple of months use the resin polish to remove any swirls, scratches, mark ect, and to build up another layer of polish, then again cary on using the gloss protectant as normal.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Autoglym do an Extra Gloss Protector, which is a liquid containing hard wax. I would use that weekly and maybe Super Resin every month or so. If you build up TOO much wax it will actually dull the shine with swirl marks and dead wax

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    With the Zymol Cleaner Wax, it cleans and Waxes at the same time.

With Autoglym you need the two products (similar with Meguairs), and as stated you can't use the Super Resin Polish too much as it is abrasive.

There is no restriction on how many times you can apply Zymol, as it is not abrasive at all. It is also a better fluid that does'nt go powdery like the Autoglym.

When applied with either the Meguiars or Zymol Applicator pads, the polish goes on very easy.

Which did not rate the Autoglym extra gloss protectant, just rated the Super Resin Polish.

I have tried Zymol/Autoglym side by side, and you can feel the difference with Zymol. Add to that the fact that it will last a good three months.

You are impressed when you read the ingredient list for Zymol, with it containing Aloha Vera, Coconut Oil and Carnuba Wax. It sound good enough to put on your skin, never mind the car. It also does not dry your skin up like Autoglym.

Lot's of people on Scoobynet have upgraded to the likes of Zymol and Swissol. Swissol is too expensive and not as readily available, which is why I am sticking with Zymol.

Regds,

Mantamagic

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    were could I get swissol as I would love to try it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast