Thread: Car broken into

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Car broken into

Pretty annoyed tonight. My mate had left his M reg fiesta parked just along from my house, a nice quiet culdesac, on Sunday night. Picked him up earlier today and when he was going home tonight he noticed the car has been broken into.

On the drivers door under the lock there is a big hole, and the headunit, amp, all cds, parcel shelf with the 6x9s in it and sub in the boot are all gone. Not impressed at all like.

Surely someone would have had to have known the car was there??? It's not a modded car either, the only external give away is a small audio sticker on one side window. No random person would have just walked past the car, there is like 3 houses then it's a dead end.

So he's well pissed off, and I feel a bit concerned for my own car now which is parked on my drive with the headunit facias now in my room.... from where his car was parked they'd have easily clocked mine even at night. Really worried they may come back.
    ShaanK. BMW E92 335i Msport and BMW E83 2.5i X3

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    At least you car deadlocks mate & at least the little ****'s cant damage the doors by the locks, the only real thing they can do IF THEY DO try and get in is break the window, cheaper than sorting out the body work - still here's hoping they dont do anything, i've never really heard of any Astra G's being broken into round my end, but.....you never know, is it alarmed?
    "Nil illegitimi carborundum"

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    My other half had the same problem with his car, a mk2 astra, completely standard from the outside, you couldnt see any of his audio equipment at all, he lived on a quiet dead end road with only 5 houses on it and came out one morning to find all his stereo stuff gone.

They must have known what was in the car and followed it home because its certainly not one of those areas or cars which you would pick by chance. Gits

Hope your mate gets his sorted soon
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Must all be organised i had some exterior stuff taken not a scratch anywhere just took what there were after

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just a thought, but with all the amps and speakerage, no doubt people can HEAR the decent stereo gear. I'll bet someone has heard the car before and followed it, I had something similar happen when I had the Nova with 1.1Kw in the boot. I got followed by some scruffy Mk2 Fiesta one night, knew they were following, as I made wrong indications at a roundabout and they did exactly the same thing.

I just drove round to my mate's house, got out and went round the back. They drove by, clocked the car and went, probably planning on coming back later in the night. Shame the car wasn't there when they did

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I don't even trust the deadlocks anymore.

My mates deadlocked Calibra turbo was broken into about 2 weeks ago. First they tried to pop the passenger side window, leaving nice scratches down the door pillar. Then they gave up with that and put a brick threw it, and the alarm went off. My mate did not hear it as it was parked away from his girlfriends flat. They then took a crowbar to the passenger door and peeled back to expose the door handle mechanism. They managed to get around the deadlocks (somehow???) and helped themselves to the stereo, a refurbished turbo from Turbo Techics (worth £750+) from the boot, photos and the cds from the glovebox.

He got the door bent back into shape and welded up, and last week he came back to his car only to find 2 people breaking into it again. He gave chase and got one of them and gave him a good kicking. Now the Police are prosecuting him for beating the bloke up, and its all going to court.
    Now drives : 2002 Astra SRi Turbo in Black
    PREVIOUS ASTRA'S : 1990 GTE 2.0 8v | 1993 1.4 GLS | 1994 1.6 Cesaro | 1995 1.8 16v Sport

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Sorry to worry you guys but as c10kem found out even on a delocked car a screew driver in the right place got round the deadlocks and made a real mess of the door skin.

I always try to keep my stero quiet when i'm local, not go on about it to anyone I don't know and the obvious thing of keep my removable face inside and not in the glove box.

Only other thing is get a good quality alarm that will hopefully make any stupid theif think twice and move onto the next car
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anybody for some window security film
    Cant Think of Anything Funny To Say

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've seen that fitted before, to my cousin's ex's RS Turbo. The lads that did it were mates of his and they tested it by doing a scrap door with it, then blasted the glass with a shotgun from about 10 foot away. The glass stayed together :shock: :shock: :shock:

Status
    In House Designer
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i won't ask why they had a shotgun
    Visit our-formats.com for creative design services

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast