Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: induction kit dissapointment.....

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

induction kit dissapointment.....

it was my birthday last friday and i was over the moon when i opened my presents from my bird. she bought me a pipercross induction kit and a pair of nike tn's. i was well happy with it untill i fitted it. i sounds crap u can barely tell any difference plus the it doesnt even sit in the correct position the bracket that come with it makes it sit high and possibly rubs on ther bonnet. i feel a bit out of order on my bird cos she spent loads of money on me and i was dissapointed with the air filter top marks to me bird tho! has anyone else been dissapointed with induction kits? is it better to but a panel filter and drill holes in the air box???

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have read and been advised you have to be very careful with induction kits on astras, if u fit the wrong one it can reduce power,
    one way is i have noticed the turbos have an air scoop @ the front of the car (as u look @ it on the left hand side ) which is bigger than the standard astra one so will take more air to the induction kit than the old one also is fits nicely to the front espec if uj have the irmsch front bumper
    try this out and see if the extra cold air makes a difference i think it is some sort of air feed for the tubos so should allow more air in

hope this helps or run some ducting pipe from the air vent to the front of the induction looks crap but again will allow more cold air :shock:
    "Why Can i not get this Dam Thing to Work aaaggg !"

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: induction kit dissapointment.....

Quote Originally Posted by ron_1.8sport
    it was my birthday last friday and i was over the moon when i opened my presents from my bird. she bought me a pipercross induction kit and a pair of nike tn's. i was well happy with it untill i fitted it. i sounds crap u can barely tell any difference plus the it doesnt even sit in the correct position the bracket that come with it makes it sit high and possibly rubs on ther bonnet. i feel a bit out of order on my bird cos she spent loads of money on me and i was dissapointed with the air filter top marks to me bird tho! has anyone else been dissapointed with induction kits? is it better to but a panel filter and drill holes in the air box???
    ron_1.8sport, the best/cheapest setup on astras is to derestrict the standard cold air feed and air box and put a upgraded air filter inplace of the standard one. There should be a guide on how to derestrict your airbox in the tech forum

Status
    In House Designer
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    get it refuned is your best option, they arn't worth the bother, it's been written about many times on here
    Visit our-formats.com for creative design services

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you need more cold air feeds for it to work better.
    get a refund and get a viper. or get a panel filte and de-restrict the airbox
    Astra '01 1.8 SXI - 19's, Koni's, Irmscher everything! *SOLD*
    BMW '04 325 Sport

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the last thing i want 2 do is reduce the power. there isnt anything in the technical about deristring the airbox is it just as simple as drilling big holes in the bottom of the airbox where the airfeed is and replacing the panel filter? if not could someone please help me out. is it worth doin this and taking off my pipercross cone filter? i need advice!!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I wouldn't mind knowing how to derestrict the air box as well, i looked in the technical forum and i clicked on the link for the air box mod but it doesn't work properley, any help would be cool!!

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Link:
    http://madcoo.fotopic.net/show_collection.php?id=41056

I would advise to do this mod, and use a performance panel filter.
    Induction kits are best suited to bigger engines.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i've put a cotton green air on mine and although the noise wasn't much different, the throttle respose has improved, the air intake on the front of the G is more or less pointless!

next time my cars in the body shop im gettinga forced air intake on the front bumper(where the plate recess is) and following the cold air feed through, only problem is there aint much room between recess and the smash pannel! :roll: :?:
    http://www.muchos.co.uk/members/hazm...ow%20front.JPG

sólo espacio para uno de nosotros, nos movemos a mi amigo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone actualy tested this "de-restriction" of an air box modification on a rolling road? I cant see how removing the two pipes is going to improve the performance. I would of thought that they are there to guide the flow of air better around the box, why else would they be there? I can see how it would make more noise but not more performance. :? Has anyone got any concrete evidence?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast